UX Designer CanvaSydney, New South Wales, AU
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time. Launched in August 2013, our platform combines a drag-and-drop design tool that is used by more than 10 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 200 million designs (that’s eight designs created in our apps every second). And we’ve only achieved about 1% of what we’re capable of …
Canva’s entire mission revolves around design, and the design of the product is central to the philosophies of the company and its founders. An exceptionally designed product is crucial for us to deliver on our vision of “empowering the entire world to design”.
As a UX designer at Canva it’s your mission to create experiences that distill the complex into the simple and give ordinary people the ability to make extraordinary things. We place a strong emphasis on the role of product designers at all stages of our product development process. This means they are involved all the way from the start: helping to define the product vision; to the end: ensuring that actual customers receive a high-quality experience.
- Work closely with our Founders and Product Managers to create excellent user experiences throughout the Canva platform
- Implement and iterate on UX Designs & flows creating wire-frames and UX mockups/prototypes to articulate the desired experience to a wide audience
- Analysing requirements and reducing them to their essential problem
- Brainstorming solutions to problems with their cross-functional team members
- Understand the various use cases to ensure we are delivering on a compelling and intuitive user experience for all users
- Visually communicating design solutions using sketching, whiteboarding, or other low-fidelity design techniques
- Designing the interactions and workflows that go into creating the simple-but-powerful experiences that Canva is renowned for
- Prototyping the expected user experience using tools such as Invision, Principle, and Framer (or code!)Validating their designs using appropriate user testing techniques
Experience you'll have
- We're hiring at multiple levels so whether you have 2 years or 10 years experience, we'd love to hear from you
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking and previously shipped UX design for interactive products
- Strong attention to detail and ability to creatively problem solve
- Ability to create information architecture diagrams, user experience workflow diagrams, wireframes, proof-of-concepts, and interactive prototypes
- The ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, while still maintaining the capacity for self-direction with little supervision.
- A strong rapport with engineers and an understanding of front-end and back-end engineering constraints that allows you to communicate and iterate upon a world-class product.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered
We are looking for people who love technology and can bring creativity when solving challenging problems. We ensure that the Canva workspace is setup for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so. Do you know we have a chef, Song, that makes fantastic lunches for the team, follow Song on Instagram here to see what he has whipped up today: https://instagram.com/canvavibe/
Please send across your portfolio / examples of your work when applying.