UX Designer CheggNew York City, New York, US
UX Designer - Contractor
Your goal – to improve the education process and better the lives of students -- through UX design.
Organization: Writing Tools
Chegg is already a leader in online educational assistance, learning services, and digital textbook rentals. Chegg wants to continue to help students save time, save money and get smarter by growing its Writing Tools platform.
Our business unit is currently composed of four of the largest student citation services in the world: EasyBib.com, CitationMachine.net, Bibme.org, and CiteThisForMe.com, the team reaches over 30 million students from all over the world.
In addition, the Writing Tools team is building next-generation writing tools to help students with other aspects of their writing process, including grammar and plagiarism checking.
Role: UX Designer - Contractor
As an UX Designer on the Writing Tools team, you will be responsible for designing new user experiences, creating concepts, visual mockups and specifications, and representing designs and the user perspective to the product team.
In addition to interaction and visual design skills, strong candidates should be eager to think in terms of end-to-end UI design, apply strategic thinking and business goals to designs, focus on user feedback, and understand the relation of visual design to the interaction. We also look for candidates who will be happy to be part of the friendly and collaborative culture of Chegg.
- Participate in the product definition process with the Product Manager, Engineering Manager, and User Research. Drive the clarification of the user tasks and objectives.
- Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, usage scenarios, task analysis, specifications, and other UX design deliverables.
- Work with User Research to craft user testing prototypes and protocols in support of ongoing user testing.
- Develop knowledge of competitive and complementary products and help bring new ideas to the team.
- Be willing to learn current design patterns and guidelines for both mobile and web and learn to create a coherent cross device experience.
- Ensure that visual design mockups meet the objectives of the user experience, fit with the overall brand and are help achieve business goals.
- 2-3 years as a User Experience Designer, creating experiences that delight the customer.
- High degree of creativity and problem-solving.
- Ability to create a cohesive and coherent product experience.
- Excellent understanding of fundamental design principles.
- Conceptual, visual and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in UX Design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks) or similar tools to create user interfaces.
- Experience with responsive designs for desktop-to-mobile products.
- Relentless attention to detail and to consistency.
- Ability to collaborate with the larger team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, or related field.
- Experience designing consumer-facing products.
- Experience creating interactive prototypes using HTML/CSS/JS, InVision, Axure or other prototyping tools.
Chegg puts students first. As the leading student-first connected learning platform, the company makes higher education more affordable, more accessible, and more successful for students. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG. For more information, visit www.chegg.com.
Read more about the Chegg UX team here. Links to http://www.cheggux.com