UX Designer ComfyOakland, California, US
Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places, and systems. We started by solving the number one complaint in the office (temperature!), and continue to expand to our product suite to give employees greater control over their workplace, including room booking, lighting, and feedback. We create amazing workplace experiences through a consumer facing app for employees and solve real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design, and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone– from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
We apply machine learning and data insights to create a dynamic feedback loop between people and the places that support them, helping companies create satisfying, productive work experiences that adapt to people’s changing needs. We’re a passionate, user-centered team that’s early in our mission to radically improve the experience in offices everywhere. We believe developing category-defining human-centered experiences and a simple, delightful web and mobile experience is crucial to our goals as a company.
About the Role
Comfy has rapidly expanded its solution beyond temperature as we became a comprehensive workplace experience app, and your work will have immediate, strategic impact as you bring to life key new features.
- As our Oakland-based UI Designer you will work with a fast paced team, reporting to and working closely with our VP of UX, fellow designers, PMs and engineers on a new-to-the-world, user-centered product that gives people control over their workplace.
- You'll help create unique digital experiences including innovative map and IoT control interfaces that bring a refreshing change to offices via a consumer quality mobile and desktop app.
- You'll drive your own projects, taking them from concepts and wireframes, through visual design, to production collaborating in a tight partnership with engineering and PMs as you see your work through to launch.
- You'll identify usability challenges of our product and contribute constructive solutions. At Comfy we believe our users are our best source of truth, and you will join us in building and testing prototypes early and often.
- You will own our design system and style guide and ensure that is communicated between our designers and engineers alike.
- You'll join us in sharing and offering feedback on our teams work. Within the first month at Comfy you'll see results of your work in production, and you'll get to enjoy the products you design in our office!
You have a lot of design confidence and a strong eye for visual aesthetics. You excel at using visuals and language to communicate your ideas persuasively and articulate your design decisions. You’re a flexible self-starter and excited to grow with the opportunities of a small but fast-growing team. You believe that solving a task for a user doesn't end with a good flow, it has to be seen through with an eye to crafting intuitive discovery and delightful visuals.
You love motion design and making interactions delightful and memorable, not just functional. You are able to adapt as a project evolves. You love sharing your ideas, designs, and inspiration with a collaborative team, humbly giving and receiving constructive feedback and ideas from other team members to the benefit of the user and the product. You're familiar with common patterns and design trends, but get energy from facing a new experience to solve in a category-defining product. To summarize: You are a UI design powerhouse!
Your Skills and Experience Include
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in digital design
- A portfolio of compelling digital design work
- Fluency in Sketch or Adobe CC, InVision or a prototyping tool of your choosing
Bonus Points For
- A deep knowledge of and appreciation for digital typography and iconography
- The belief that writing crisp, punchy copy is as important to design as the visuals
- A passion for the user experience of the Internet of Things
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland just steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Frequent happy hours and lots and lots of snacks
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.