UX Designer ConductCollingwood, Victoria, AU
[ Mid-Senior UX designer ]
Salary range: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 inc Super (FTE)
NOTE: Conduct values diversity and we’re open to discussions about flexibility for the right candidate. Please state in your covering letter whether you’re interested in taking on this role in a full-time, or 0.8 capacity.
Conduct is a HCD-led digital product development company. Due to a period of ongoing growth, we’re now hiring a Mid-Senior weight UX designer to become a part of our vibrant design team, in support of our full-service customer experience and software engineering offering.
This role will lead, and work collaboratively alongside other members of the design team to deliver solutions for products at a variety of stages along the digital product design journey. The role spans everything from customer research to uncover products that don’t yet exist, to feature development or improvement of existing digital products or services. The work is often split between collaborating with clients onsite, and working back at the office.
You will report to the Head of user Experience and be empowered to take ownership of the design of the award-winning products Conduct creates.
What we’re looking for…
Has over 3+ years experience in UX design. This could be within a private organisation or consultancy. Ultimately, we’re looking for a versatile UX professional who can walk the line between between business needs, user needs and technical feasibility. We’d like to see experience in efficiently and elegantly designing a product / service or innovation from end-to-end.
- Work with clients & stakeholders to understand requirements
- Undertake lean user research via qualitative research methods and Human Centred Design enquiry skills
- Creation of documentation supporting the design process, such as journey maps, personas etc.
- Draw together & analyse information to inform a fit-for-purpose solution
- Work independently or with a UI designer to realise this solution into a tangible design & prototype
- Validate usability and desirability of products through one-on-one user testing
- Translate findings into functional requirements to inform build and delivery
- Familiarity with technical underpinnings of digital products to inform feasible product design and constructive conversations with development team
Methods and tools
- Design Thinking and Human Centered design
- Experience in software such as Axure, or similar UX tools is a bonus
Attitude and approach
We’d love to learn from you as much as you’d like to learn from us. We’re looking for a team player who shows initiative and can work autonomously, but also is comfortable working alongside other team members collaboratively. In practical terms; someone who can demonstrate experience as a designated project lead but also happy to play a role as a function in a wider project.
We’d love to talk if you’re passionate about good solutions, but understand there’s a multitude of answers to any one problem - and you possess an openness to explore these.
- Great communicator. Excellent ability to negotiate and communicate complex information to clients and team
- Design thinker. Comfortable translating high-level instruction into compelling design work
- Initiative. Shows initiative and executing upon design briefs, proactively seeking clarification or further information
- Growth mindset. Always eager to learn and being abreast of current and emerging UX/UI trends. Has a willingness to share information with your clients and the team
- Values driven. Motivated by social impact projects, carry out all duties in accordance with company policies and standards
- Team player. Likes working in small, teams based squads
- Has a sense of humour!
Why choose Conduct?
After a decade in operation, we’re proud of our reputation for delivering exceptional products and services. To grow our collective experience, we aim to attract variety in the clients we service. Your skills will contribute to meaningful and impactful digital outcomes. You’ll be working with a healthy balance of social impact and complex enterprise projects.
At Conduct, we foster invention and creativity. Our structure is flat - our teams are split equally between designers and engineers with diverse backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.
We get that we’re all at work for a big part of our lives. To make sure our teams are comfortable, enjoy what they do and are properly supported; we provide stand-up desks, ergonomic seating, new macbook workstation and use best practise tooling.
We want you to bring new ideas and perspectives. We encourage you to grow and develop your skills with us. Each individual at Conduct has a training budget to use every year. This can be applied towards a course, program, conference or ongoing subscription of your choice.
We believe different voices and approaches produce the best, most inclusive outcomes - we value everyone's opinion and share our interests and thoughts. A supportive working environment built around connection and collaboration means we achieve and celebrate our successes as a team. Work/life balance is important to us.
How to apply
We’d like you to supply a portfolio for this position. This could be a link to a website or PDF. Of course, please send along a brief cover letter, expressing why you passionate about design and want to work at Conduct. Accompany this with a CV and your portfolio.
Successful candidates will be shortlisted for an initial interview.