UX Designer Correlation OneNew York City, New York, US
AI is the biggest meta-trend in history, and companies across the world in every industry will need to become data-driven.
At Correlation One, we build technology to help companies win the race for data talent. Across every industry, companies are in a gold-rush for data talent. We’re selling the shovels.
Here are some facts:
According to Glassdoor, Data Scientist is the #1 job to have in America Demand for employees with data skills exceeds supply by more than 50% 90% of all data in existence was generated in the last 2 years
At Correlation One, we build technology solutions to help clients navigate the Data Talent market. Our solutions include a novel games-based assessment platform and live data science competitions which have gone viral on campuses.
Unlike most startups, we are highly profitable. Our clients include the biggest hedge funds, fintech firms, and technology companies in the world!
This role involves leading UI/UX design for Correlation One’s newest product: AI Games. Not only are we making the data talent market more efficient, we’re also making it more fun. AI Games is a new kind of video game, in which users code AI strategies into player movements. AI Games is a novel gaming experience that is creatively engineered to help companies find elite data talent.
About the Team:
We are a small group of engineers and data scientists who are accomplished thinkers and doers. Our team includes traders & portfolio managers at multibillion-dollar hedge funds, a Forbes 30 Under 30 winner, a top-20 competitor at the Putnam Math Competition, and published authors in computer science & math.
Our team values a healthy mix of high-level thinking + get-it-done attitude. Everyone checks their ego at the door, where no task is too big or too small.
- Over 50,000 end-users on our technology products.
- Created and hosted data science competitions at dozens of the world’s best universities.
- 10x year-over-year revenue growth in both 2016 and 2017.
- Cash-flow positive with a diligent focus on the bottom-line.
- World-class customers like Citadel, TheHartford, CourseHero and more.
What Sets Us Apart:
- High standard of engineering and product quality.
- Solve unique challenges on the frontier of data science, technology, and talent markets.
- Work directly with industry-leading enterprise clients in finance and technology.
- Impact role at an early-stage, high-growth technology startup.
As a UI/UX Designer you will:
- Work directly with Correlation One’s leadership across engineering, product, business development, and executive teams.
- Optimize UI/UX design for Correlation One’s existing technical products, which have a digital user base of 50,000+ and growing.
- Lead UI/UX vision from concept through wireframe, mockups, and development for Correlation One’s new technical products, including AI Games - the first video games-based talent assessment platform.
- Execute Correlation One’s visual messaging for client communications, marketing collateral, and digital assets.
- Build and maintain Correlation One’s style guide.
Some skills we consider critical to being a UI/UX Designer
- 3+ years professional experience going from concept, to wireframe, to mockup for beautiful consumer focused software products.
- Expert at Sketch, Figma, Adobe Suite or similar illustration toolset. Intimate knowledge of inVision, proton, or similar user flow / prototyping tool.
- Obsessed with the user’s perspective, iteration, simplicity, and user interaction.
- Strong visual design skills. Highly detail obsessed.
- Can work with various stakeholders to achieve consensus around an idea, concept, or visual element.
- Can clearly explain your thought process and the reason behind your design choices.
- Has overthought each feature and can defend design choices with principles rooted in user experience, user psychology, etc.
The Hiring Process
Our goal is to move very quickly in hiring this role. The entire process will require four stages: a resume submission, an introductory phone interview, a short skills assessment, and a final office visit. After each phase, we will inform you within a day or two if you proceed to the next round.