UX Designer DocuSignParis, Île-de-France, FR
User Experience Researcher
Design and ship new product quickly from concept to launch – product that will impact the lives of millions globally.
Shape the future vision for our products used by over 200 million users -- problems that go far beyond eSignature. You’ll be at the forefront of realizing DocuSign’s vision of driving digital transformation for businesses around the world!
The User Experience Researcher will play a critical role both in the development of new product from concept to launch and with the iteration of existing products. Research is a critical input into the product development process at DocuSign, one that helps our teams understand customer needs, define problems, generate ideas, and evaluate potential solutions. As part of the Product organization, this role will partner closely with product managers, designers, and engineers.
This is a hands-on role reporting to Sr. UX Researcher. Successful candidate will have research experience in both web and mobile application development and have a broad methodological toolbox including survey research, usability testing and ethnographic studies. You will be responsible for executing a variety of research initiatives throughout the product to support the design and development of experiences and the advancement of customer empathy.
- Work with designers, product managers and other stakeholders to identify research needs.
- Design and execute a variety of research studies, including surveys, field studies, usability tests, etc.
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, write actionable and impactful reports with compelling data visualizations and expertly share these results with a variety of audiences.
- Add to research findings with data from other sources including analytics, customer support records, sales contacts, etc.
- Look for opportunities to add to our customer knowledge outside of projects.
- Advance the team’s research prowess by trying out new techniques and deliverables.
- Strong experience in user research with an emphasis on research related to software and digital experiences.
- Multilingual with the ability to fluently conduct customer research interviews in the following languages French and English, German highly desirable.
- Experience designing and conducting user research using a variety of methodologies.
- Experience recruiting and scheduling participants (customers and prospects).
- A proven track record of working well with developers, product managers, designers and business partners.
- Ability to use inferential as well as descriptive statistics and identify the right sample size for a given project
- Ability to give design recommendations based on knowledge of web and mobile design patterns, usability heuristics and understanding of cognitive processes.
- Ability to swiftly revise and improvise research plans as needed.
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to research challenges.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Experience working with Agile development.
- Familiarity with Morae, web analytics, A/B and multivariate testing methodologies.
- An advanced degree in human interaction, cognitive science, or related field.
Product Insights @ DocuSign
Product Insights team powers the organization with insights that help make data driven decisions. Our team of Researchers, Data Scientists, and Customer Program Managers contribute to the high-level product vision all the way to the building of world class user experiences by partnering with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers. We are passionate customer advocates who not challenge ourselves but others as well in the broader product organization to fall in love with the problem, not the solution.