UX Designer ElsevierPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania, US
[ Consulting UI Designer ]
Elsevier continues to build an innovative team in Philadelphia to develop next generation learning experiences and redefine healthcare education. Our UX team works boldly and collaboratively on concepts and designs for a user-centric suite of teaching and learning tools. We now require a Consulting UI Designer to manage UI design across the education product family, envision the future of how our products work together and to consult on short-term design projects. You will join a team of 10 UX professionals that has strong support from upper management to lead UX/UX, who will also will give you autonomy in your work and will support you to learn and grow in your career.
- As a Consulting UI Designer, you’ll be responsible defining and maintaining the UI style guide across the education product family.
- Collaborating with other designers to build consensus and make the best design decisions.
- Creating vision prototypes that communicate the future of how our products will work together.
- Consult on important short-term projects where your skills will make a difference.
- Mentor other team members to help them develop their skills.
- Understand user needs and tasks to create user interfaces that best solve their needs.
- Work closely with other designers, product managers, project managers, frontend and backend developers, and other internal teams to help deliver exceptional user experiences.
- Continuously strengthen your knowledge and skills in everything design related. Share the awesome things you learn with the team
- Formal education in visual design, graphic design, or the like.
- Experience (10+ years) creating engaging designs for web and mobile applications.
- Experience creating and managing UI style guides or design systems.
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and collaborate with design teams.
- An impressive online portfolio demonstrating experience designing user interfaces and experiences for responsive web applications.
- Excellent working knowledge of Sketch and Invision.
- A passion for building easy to use, delightful user experiences.
- Excellent attention to detail – you should notice even the smallest inconsistencies.
- Awesome listening and personal interaction skills.
- Respectful team player. Love to laugh. Relaxed and determined. Problem-solver. Puzzle-solver. Challenge-lover. Knowledge sponge. Enthusiastic. Awesome.
- Confident, yet very humble. Little ego, big open mind.
- Experience or interest in UX process, user research or usability testing.
- Experience designing mobile native apps and mobile web apps.
- Experience working in an agile environment with issue tracking tools like JIRA to track daily work.
- Web accessibility experience.