UX Designer GelatoLondon, England, GB
Following our global expansion, we are seeking a talented UI Designer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for helping translate user insight into UI solutions which users love. You will be working closely with the UX Designer to support user needs and drive an ever-improving user experience. You will play an active role in an agile sprint team, providing the UI support and direction where needed. You will help drive and evolve the visual design of the Gelato Globe website and mobile app. Moreover, we would love you to create a range of UX/UI deliverables including sketches, wireframes, finished designs and prototypes – whichever are most appropriate to the task. You will be helping update and develop the style guide and pattern library.
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role you should bring an entrepreneurial mentality and feel motivated by the challenge of working in an ambitious start-up. You are an organized, curious self-starter with the ability to excel with little to no direction and have great analytical skills.
You're innovative, creative and constantly looking for fresh insight into problems and how to solve them. We seek superior communication and excellent interpersonal skills. Candidates with high integrity and great attention to detail, who enjoy problem-solving in a team.
Crucial skills to succeed in this role
- Keen enthusiasm for evidence-based, user-centered design - in defining the problem and validating the solution.
- Conviction to demand a high standard for your design and how it’s developed in the released product.
- Confidence presenting your ideas to stakeholders and the wider team, where you can persuasively explain your thinking and proposed approach.
- Highly skilled in UI design tools (e.g. Adobe Suite, Sketch, etc).
- 3 plus years’ experience designing web products – ideally, complex or transactional websites/applications.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of UX principles and how they've been applied in your work.
- You care deeply for visual design and bringing a brand to life in the UI.