UX Designer GrabSingapore, Central Singapore, SG
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing app in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and logistics across a region of more than 620 million people. Working with governments, drivers, passengers, and charities, we aim to unlock the true potential of the region by solving problems that hinder progress. Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but has extended its product platform to include private car services (GrabCar & GrabShare), motorcycle taxis (GrabBike), social carpooling (GrabHitch), last mile delivery (GrabExpress), food delivery (GrabFood) and a B2B service for corporate clients (Grab For Work). We are focused on pioneering new commuting alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on speed, safety, and reliability. Currently we offer services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar; however, we have R&D offices in Seattle, Beijing & Bangalore as well. If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.
Get to know the role:
- Works with designers, front and backend engineers to create user interfaces that effectively support product logic and content
- Design and work with interaction designers on making micro-interactions work across all platform
- Work across functionally with many teams at GrabPay, in particular acting as a bridge between design and engineering.
- Support development teams throughout the implementation cycle.
- Ability to see the full spectrum of design and development challenges.
- Researches and develop new user interface technologies and applications
The must haves:
- 5+ years working experience with developing clean, valid, and compatible web and mobile apps with emphasis on rapid development
- Proficiency in using design tools such as Sketch and Figma.
- Experience in designing and building responsive user interfaces for the web.
- Experience in creating and maintaining living style guides that can be utilised by other engineers.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot functional and layout issues.
The good to haves:
- Experience in conducting usability testing for the web.
- Experience in multi-tasking and managing multiple projects with various timelines.