UX Designer HEROLondon, England, GB
Applications Close: 13 August 2018
21 billion sq ft of physical retail space is siloed from e-commerce. Our team is on a mission to change that.
We’re only two years into our journey, but already 350m shoppers on websites like Harvey Nichols and Ted Baker can use Hero to connect live with an associate in their nearest store - perfect for when they need real-time advice from someone in the know. For retail associates, our app represents a whole new way to do their jobs, giving them access to millions of online shoppers, not just customers who pass by the store.
This omnichannel approach is evolving billions of sq ft of analogue retail space into hyper-connected smart stores of the future; in cities including London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Hong Kong.
We’re an energetic team that moves fast. From our offices in London and New York, we’re bringing together a world class collective of problem solvers passionate about blending technology, fashion and retail. Hero was founded in 2015 by the team that previously launched Europe’s largest app commerce company and is privately funded.
Find out more at www.usehero.com
Hero is looking for someone to play a pivotal role in designing the user experience across our iOS, Android and web platforms. Working alongside our highly motivated team of engineers, data scientists and retail specialists, under the supervision of our Head of Design.
What We’re Looking For:
- You’re a digital product designer with experience designing UX across a range of platforms, including mobile
- 1 - 3 years experience of design in a commercial environment, ideally at a startup or tier-1 digital agency
- You’re a pro when it comes to scoping user experience briefs, extracting meaningful insights from real users and analysing data to inform product design decisions.
- You have a user-centric mindset and get a kick out of a nice user-flow diagram (seriously)
- You’re proficient across a range of design applications including Sketch and the Adobe Suite
- ou love to research, develop, prototype and iterate your work
- Driven by purpose, you have a desire to be part of something meaningful and innovative
- You have a knack for communicating through design and good grasp of copywriting for product
- You have an instinct for visual hierarchies and information design
- You also have a strong aesthetic sense and a love for beautiful product
- You can operate in an agile environment with a growing team
- Driven by purpose, you have a desire to build something meaningful and innovative
- Someone who excels when working with engineering teams, and lives-and-breathes the latest product design trends
- You’ll thrive in a fast moving environment and enjoy diversity
Culture & benefits
Hero’s culture has been designed to give our team the freedom to do their best work, where they can freely contribute ideas and instantly see the impact of their work - irrespective of their backgrounds, education or years of experience. Our values guide the team to ‘leave their ego at the door’, ‘follow their instincts’ and ‘to become a master of their jungle’.
Sound like a good fit? Here’s some other benefits we offer:
- Work with a talented team of likeminds who truly love what they do
- A competitive salary and stock options in the company
- Generous healthcare plan for you and your cohabitating partner
- Pension plan
- An employee assistance program available 24/7
- A shiny new computer, big screen and all the software you need
- A chance to work in a creative, productive environment in London’s Fitzrovia with all the snacks, fruit, coffee and tea you can eat/drink
- Plenty of team dinners and social events (and regular trips to karaoke!)
How to Apply
Email your CV and portfolio to our Head of Design.