UX Designer McKinsey DesignMilan, Lombardy, IT
- Master's degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, or (Graphic / Communication) Design with an emphasis on UX Design or equivalent qualification
- 2+ years relevant industry experience designing digital applications, experiences, websites, products and services that balance user needs, business objectives and technological constraints
- Holistic and human centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Positive attitude and motivation to deliver highest quality work
- Entrepreneurial, experimental and self-driven while also being collaborative, with a professional presence
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Interaction and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision or Flinto
- Familiarity of Agile software development process is a plus
- Professional language skills in Italian and English
- Willingness to travel approximately 75% of the time to client sites
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Milan office as part of McKinsey Design.
McKinsey Design drives client growth by delivering breakthrough physical and digital products, customer experiences, and design-led innovation. Our approach is multi-disciplinary, combining out-of-the-box creativity with the analytical rigour of McKinsey to innovate at scale and speed across private, public and social sectors. Our highly-skilled, cross-functional team of designers, business strategists and agile developers deliver service concepts, experiential prototypes and go-to-market products to transform clients' businesses.
Our Design team offers the breadth and experiences of 350+ world-class design talent from Lunar Design, Veryday and McKinsey's homegrown experience design practice. At McKinsey Design, we bring a diverse community of designers and innovators passionate about getting in the midst of our customers and elevating design capabilities to the forefront of business decisions, impact and results.
Our unique studio culture is casual and social, with an emphasis on knowledge building and innovation. We have the freedom to experiment, work iteratively, and are constantly learning and growing. Our community emphasizes the importance of mentorship, collaboration and propelling the value of good design.
What You'll Do
You will apply the human-centred design approach on a variety of projects that integrate digital designs into products, services and environments.
In this role you will be responsible for key design deliverables across a variety of stages and client priorities, from research and insight generation to concept and delivery. As a member of our team, you will join in our significant and serious efforts to embed design into strategic problems. On your projects, you will work on blended cross-functional teams and will tackle all aspects of the design process. You will think creatively and strategically, dissecting business problems and using design methodologies to develop innovative outcomes.
To gain user insights, you will utilize qualitative and quantitative research and testing, persona development, customer journeys, and service blueprints. To communicate your findings, you will engage our clients with your storytelling and narration skills, leveraging a variety of verbal and visual methods (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc).
You will leverage all forms of visual design capabilities to prototype and iterate on UX/UI design that represent a realistic feel of the intended user experience, including sketching, information architecture, wireframes and user flows. You will lead usability testing sessions, synthesize findings and iteratively integrate them into design solutions.
Further, you'll be expected to perform task analysis and define the User Interface Design through information architecture, wireframes and user flows and validate it through usability testing. As a Senior Designer, you will lead usability testing sessions, consolidate findings and iteratively integrate into design solutions.
You'll also participate in interactive workshops and concepts sprints to inject design thinking tools and methodologies to produce tangible results in a rapid and iterative way with our clients. Throughout the design process, you will work closely with client teams to communicate the product vision, ensure that design specifications are implemented, and strengthen your client's capabilities through coaching and sharing of design best practices.
In your role as Designer, you will have a platform to build mentor and mentee relationships and contribute to our community culture at McKinsey Design. Your experience will be multi-disciplinary, working side by side with designers, engineers, business strategists and clients. You will be fully immersed in the convergence of design, human behaviour, business and technology, and you will be part of a team that is truly transformative in the way it thinks, acts and impacts our clients.