UX Designer My Family CareFulham, London, England, GB
UI Designer (Part / Flexible Time)
Freelance, Part Time
£200-300 per day
Rockstar UI/UX designer needed to sketch wireframes and design beautiful products…
An exciting opportunity to join an expanding digital team, My Family Care is seeking a part-time UI Designer to support our rapidly growing business. You’ll report to the Head of Digital, and you will work closely with our programming, operations, and marketing teams.
We’ve been working with an agency for our design needs and hope to revamp our design process by bringing someone in house – focusing on improving the front-end experience. We have multiple sites, apps, and systems – all at various stages – so there is plenty for the right designer to get their teeth into. We want someone to help harmonise our process and the design of our properties along the way.
We expect the role to start at around 2 days per week (we’re flexible how this is split), with potential for more days as the new process gets going (and as we get excited by all the new fantastic designs!).
We use JIRA / Confluence / Slack to manage our development projects with our offshore team.
- Keen eye for detail, consistency, and creativity
- Passionate about user experience and web design – you’ll have designed various websites and apps for different devices. Hopefully a power user of web applications and apps – you’ll know what works, and what needs improvement
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills, with a “can do” attitude
- 3+ years’ professional digital design experience
- Understand digital design systems – finger on the pulse in terms of technology, and especially UX
- Able to create pixel perfect designs
- Able to handover work to dev team (and work with them on any implementation challenges)
- Familiarity with lean UX
- Can work with different teams to translate business requirements into user journeys and stories, and is able to take onboard feedback
- Happy taking on ideas and running with them!
- Comfortable making low-fi / rapid prototypes
- Worked on agile design sprints in the past
Additional skills (not essential but bonus to have)
- Run usability studies
- A way with words / writing beautiful and friendly copy for users would be a bonus as we look to improve the experience for customers
- Worked with Google Material design.
Qualifications and skills
- Design tools: Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, Marvel, Proto.io, UXPin, Wireframe.cc, Axure, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Feedback testing: Usability Hub, UsersThink, Chalkmark
- Data analysis: Google Analytics.
How we see the role working initially
- Taking on the creative design work from our agency, plus managing that transition, and working with our programming team to improve the overall design + dev process
- Working closely with various teams / individuals to take business ideas forward
- Creating templates, working out all required design screens / scenarios
- Helping to realise the changes to our brand look and feel across multiple sites/apps
- Improving existing screens / sections / experiences bit by bit
- Plus, working out better ways of doing things from a UI/UX perspective than we’re doing currently (e.g. re-designing a complicated form, suggesting sign up improvements, improving booking steps)
- Wireframing to help developing ideas without wasting time having to “design” the screens too early
- Working on designs with the team / stakeholders, i.e. face to face discussion and then meeting up again a few hours later to review and agree on the next steps
- Testing HTML done by our team and working with them to get them pixel perfect
- Providing (graphical) support to our dev team as needed
- Plus, helping to get involved with “design” needs across the business, anything from improving Word documents, creating infographics, to redesigning key presentations and webinars.
If you are a self-motivated individual who is passionate about digital design, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please reply with your CV, some recent examples of work, and a covering letter to Justin by e-mail quoting the job reference: DESIGN-2018
About our company
My Family Care is the UK leader in delivering family-friendly solutions for organisations, as part of their strategy for talent retention and supporting employee diversity.
More information: www.myfamilycare.co.uk
We provide a range of leading-edge services helping employers to be more family-friendly (and so engage and retain talent) and employees to balance their parenting and eldercare responsibilities alongside their working life.