UX Designer Qantas HotelsMelbourne, Victoria, AU
Qantas Hotels is a small Qantas Group company. We operate an accommodation business offering 2.5million hotel and Airbnb listings to Jetstar and Qantas travelers. We enjoy all the support and benefits of being part of one of Australia’s most successful and famous brands, but operate like a small, dynamic digital company. Our purpose is to consistently provide a seamless and rewarding accommodation experience for every Qantas Group traveler.
We believe that the best creativity comes when a diverse group of people work together to reach a shared objective. We form cross-functional Product Teams, focused on data and employing modern agile and lean practices to maximise customer value.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to be part of our team. As a Product Designers you will play a key role in solving real-life customer problems, and work to define solutions across our products and platforms. You will be a dedicated Product Designer/User Experience Designer working on our web apps and eCommerce sites.
What you'll do
- Be the customer advocate for your product team
- Explore UX challenges and create intuitive, accessible and seamless experiences for our users, always with the end-to-end customer journey in mind
- Lead design practices within your team including sketch sessions, customer journeys, user flows, wireframes, visual and interaction design across all touch points
- Employ & lead a range of user research methodologies and practices throughout the discovery process
- Draw on data and user insights to validate ideas and identify challenges and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with engineers to implement from sketch to code
- Manage consistency across the Qantas Hotels customer experience
- Share creative excellence and enthusiasm for meaningful design
- Be involved in team stand-ups, working group discussions, retrospectives, showcases
- Participate in team processes and standards, while promoting process improvement
- Collaborate with team members from across Qantas and Jetstar to ensure an integrated experience for our customers
In this busy environment, you’ll be constantly learning as you go. We’re surrounded by brilliant people, each of us teaching and contributing in different ways.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you. Qantas embraces diversity and encourages applications from people with disability.
If you’re ready to step into a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application and let’s explore how we go places together.