UX Designer ROKTSydney, New South Wales, AU
ROKT operates a platform and marketplace at the intersection of eCommerce and marketing. We are looking for an experienced UX designer to ensure the ROKT consumer experience and B2B application are world class in their visual design and usability.
The ROKT consumer experience is hosted on global eCommerce sites such as Ticketmaster, eBay and Domino’s and used to engage millions of consumers each week across desktop, mobile and tablets. In particular, the experience offers the consumer the opportunity to extend their engagement with the eCommerce brand and consider native internal and sponsored offers. It is supported by algorithms which select the most appropriate UX/UI, user journey and offers for each individual consumer.
The ROKT B2B web application (“One Platform”) is used by ROKT staff, enterprise clients (such as Expedia and Ticketmaster) and small to medium (self serve) customers to configure, manage and report on their widget and advertising campaign performance. The platform supports internal and external users from a broad range of functions including account managers, reporting analysts, operations and finance.
As ROKT’s Senior UX designer you will be the voice of the consumer and design the user experience for the ROKT products , ensuring they are simple, intuitive and effective, marking a visual difference and trend in the category of digital platforms . Working closely with the existing Product, Design, Optimisation and Operations teams, you will help design, test and evaluate various UX options (with access to thousands of user transactions every day to test and inform your designs) to ensure we maintain a world class user experience.
You will also review, update and maintain the user experience for One Platform. You will help create an intuitive navigation for a complex application with users ranging from a small business with relatively simple needs to power users optimizing multi-million dollar campaigns on behalf of our clients. You will also help clients extend their interactions with ROKT by effectively bringing together the two sides of the ROKT platform and marketplace in one application. You will work with the Product and Design team to create a uniform approach to the user experience throughout the platform.
- Optimize user experience for the ROKT widget across hundreds of partners and consumer journeys.
- Review and improve end to end user experience (UX) for One Platform – for internal and external users, partners and advertisers.
- Ensure all ROKT product experiences are visually and functionally consistent and aligned with the brand values and look and feel. Bring ROKT’s value propositions into every experience design for our users.
- Design the user experience for all significant new product features in our technology platform. This includes wireframes, behavioral specifications and personas, interface concepts, graphic layouts and high fidelity prototypes.
- Represent the consumer and users of One Platform in everything we do at ROKT.
- Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UX re-factoring for intuitive user-experiences.
- Collaborate with ROKT Designers to optimize user interaction (UI) and visual design.
- Collaborate with the Product and Operations team to test, optimize and implement new user experiences.
- Act as the user-advocate during the product development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and defining solutions from a user-centered perspective
- Act as “go to” with in-depth knowledge of user experience best practices and standards. Use research-related services, theories and methods to support your recommendations.
- Translate user research and usability test findings, and feedback from the team, into iterative product/design solutions
- Integrate UX into Agile development practices. We release working software in short iterations.
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming sessions and workshops with multidisciplinary teams during early stages of product ideation.
- Work with the leadership team to help define the strategy and direction for the ROKT product.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science (with emphasis on UX design), and/or Graphic Design (with emphasis on UX design).
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in designing user experiences and building products; experience in a startup, tech company and/or agile environment is a plus.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating amazing user-centred design solutions (wireframes / prototypes).
- Successful delivery of end-to-end UX on projects from ideation to production.
- Strong rapid prototyping ability using tools like Axure/Sketch/Balsamiq/InVision.
- Experience with project management tools (e.g. Jira) highly regarded.
- Customer focus with demonstrated commitment to the product and customer.
- Solutions focused, problem solver with passion for design and simplicity.
- Independent, self starter and fast learner with a strong drive and the ability to understand the business and pick up things quickly.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to see the big picture with a razor-sharp attention to detail.
- Adaptive personality that can thrive in both structured and unstructured environments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Technically capable and a desire to improve processes.
- Advance experience with Adobe Creative Suite’s most common tools (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Hunger for new UX and design trends
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development.
For a successful application you will provide a copy of your portfolio, CV & personalised cover letter addressed to the hiring manager. Applications without a customised cover letter and portfolio of sample work will be disregarded.
ROKT is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We are looking for incredibly talented individuals, people passionate about digital marketing who are keen to be part of a company that is disrupting traditional thinking and growing fast. Want to join ROKT and be part of our future? Apply now below.
- Working alongside some of the smartest minds in digital marketing
- Technology allowance
- Employee share scheme giving all team members a financial stake in the business.
- Company offsite, training and celebrations 4 times a year (in places like Sydney, Hawaii and New York)
- Health and wellness benefits
- Staff awards program; Generous staff referral program (
- Office snacks & drinks
- Job-related training in-house and support for external training applications/ contributions/sponsorship
- Global network which offers opportunity to transfer to other countries