UX Designer Sofar SoundsLondon, England, GB
Sofar Sounds reimagines live events through curated, secret performances in intimate settings in more than 400 cities around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join us who is confident taking product development ideas through a lean, user-centred design process. From idea validation, research and user journeys to interfaces, while developing our design system.
You’ll be joining our growing UX team, and working alongside our tech and product teams. You will be instrumental in product design decisions, across our digital experience. Our intimate concerts are truly magical. A key design goal is to reflect this magic and our love of artists online.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience in working end-to-end with the product, defining problems and goals, creating user flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, giving and soliciting design critique, and communicating to developers and stakeholders throughout the projects life cycles.
- Experience in UX Research and User-testing, both quantitative and qualitative. From surveys and in-person interviews, to card sorting and data analytics. You should drive and justify your design decisions using the result of these learnings, along with data and design principles.
- An online portfolio that can demonstrate your visual design skills and your expertise in designing intuitive, delightful and efficient user interfaces, across web and mobile.
- Comfortable working autonomously, with a strong sense of ownership as part of a small team. All of your work will have a substantial impact on the growth of the business, as you’ll have direct input into our decision making.
- Confident using Adobe CC Suite, Sketch, Marvel, Invision and design software of your choice.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity. You are confident of taking on challenges that you’ve not tried before.
- Have cross-platform design experiences (Web, Android, iOS, emails).
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills, happy to present your own thinking, ideas and design work at meetings with stakeholders and founder.
- Experience of HTML and CSS.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum, or similar.
- Taken point on project.
- Have shipped products, even personal projects.
- Experience with design systems and style guides.
- Experience working in startups
- Experience working on design within an entertainment or tech company.
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
This role is primarily aimed at a London based, experienced UX/UI designer. If you feel you would be a great culture fit and are remote, please still get in touch. We’d love to hear from you!
Have a real impact on the company’s product and growth.
Work with passionate people across the world, who love music as much as you do.
People who join Sofar Sounds have an excitement and energy about what we’re doing. They want to be a driving force of growth for emerging artists, committed to creating a magical experience for performers and fans alike, and this is reflected in the way they work.
We are growing swiftly, helping more musicians in more cities. As a result, we expect our people to get things done efficiently and to help other team members, whether a specific task is their role or not. Also to learn from, and make changes as a result of, feedback from one another and our community.
The right candidate should be efficient and upbeat, and needs to live the Sofar experience while sharing our vision for discovering great new music and creating the best live event experience in the world.
London. Rich Mix building in Bethnal Green Road, Shoreditch, east London. Bright, modern office, with a shared fully-kitted kitchen space. The venue has a cinema and rooms with art events. It is next to Shoreditch High Street station and the Boxpark pop-up mall (food and shops).
Competitive… dependent on relevant experience and cross-disciplinary skills.