UX Designer SoluisGlasgow, Scotland, GB
- Design user interfaces for interactive applications across a wide range of platforms; including mobile, desktop, web, virtual reality, augmented reality, immersive domes, and others as projects require.
- On some projects you may be required to lead the design, on others you may work alongside a senior designer.
- Meet with clients and assist in capturing design relevant requirements, with support from senior team members.
- Create and iterate upon user journeys, storyboards, wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes and effectively communicate your design concepts.
- Deliver design assets and relevant guides to the development team for implementation.
- Communicate effectively with your project and team lead.
Required skills and experience:
- Strong working knowledge of relevant design software, in particular Sketch.
- Experience designing applications over a wide range of screen sizes.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, in particular a strong knowledge of Photoshop essential.
- A strong knowledge of modern design standards and conventions. Up to date with latest design trends.
- An in-depth understanding of user experience and user-centered design principles.
- Understanding of user psychology, and intuition for how users interact with interactive systems.
- A strong aesthetic instinct, with honed visual design skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate design concepts and development, both internally and to clients.
- An understanding of how to effectively work with a development team, including provision of design assets for implementation.
- An interest in design for emerging and experimental platforms. For instance, virtual reality, augmented reality, and immersive domes.
- Ability to produce designs which conform to a client's brand guidelines.
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined, with the ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Relevant academic qualification, and some industry experience desired, although initial importance ultimately will be placed on strength of portfolio.
- Experience designing for virtual and augmented reality platforms. An understanding of the current fundamental principles and conventions for user interface design for these platforms.
- Experience being involved with or leading user testing sessions.
- Experience with Illustrator and After Effects.
- Some front-end web design and development experience (HTML/CSS/JS) would be a bonus, although not essential.
- Experience using Invision as part of a design workflow.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience.
Please include CV and portfolio, along with a covering letter, with your application.