UX Designer Swenson HeMarina del Rey, California, US
As a contract UI/UX Designer with Swenson He, you will be expected to do well in a high impact environment surrounded by incredibly capable project managers, engineers and support staff. Expectations for the position include working independently with minimal guidance and supervision on challenging problems. As a company that has historically focused on software engineering, we are looking for a candidate who will help build out our skill set in minimalist designs in both UI/UX for native mobile, hybrid mobile, and web for our clients. Additionally, you will be asked to contribute to the firm's identity and brand with marketing campaigns for client projects, our own website and social media. We believe in our Final 1%™ method: with every step, we ask our team what more can be done to improve the build.
- Work closely and collaborate with UI/UX Director
- Design and deliver full feature-set applications for hybrid (both iOS and Android) mobile applications in the connected devices (IoT) space.
- Review, develop and implement print and digital marketing campaigns for client projects.
- Interface directly with clients to help hone and refine client brands and direction.
- Must have a minimum 4 years of mobile UI/UX experience, with a focus on minimalist design
- Experience with IoT/connected devices mobile apps highly desirable and preferred
- Experience with hybrid mobile platforms preferred
- Both institutional level and start-up experience in very fast paced environments preferred
- Experience with consumer products a plus
- Experience interfacing with Product Managers, Project Managers and software development teams to execute designs and meet deadlines a must
- Experience with Sketch and Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects)
- Experience creating and managing marketing campaigns through social media, web and print
- Communication skills and teamwork are a high priority
- This is a 100% on-site role, no remote opportunity
- Local to Los Angeles, no relocation assistance available
As a small firm, you will be able to contribute in a measurable way to firm culture, project acquisition and retention, and team dynamics. You may also have the opportunity to work in other languages and frameworks if you so desire. We are looking for someone with a go-getter attitude and huge potential to learn. We offer competitive salaries, industry-leading medical benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability, and an impressive 401K matching program. Depending on the candidate, relocation and signing bonuses may be available.