UX Designer The BehaviouralistLondon, England, GB
About The Behaviouralist:
The Behaviouralist is a behavioural economics consultancy with offices in the U.K. and the U.S. Our team, comprised of world-renowned experts in behavioural science, economics, and data science, provides cutting-edge data analysis, experimental evaluation, and product development for the benefit of business, government and society. Our work focuses on utilizing behavioural economics insights in a wide range of sectors to improve people’s wellbeing, firms’ productivity, as well as the environment.
One of our latest endeavours is the productivity platform Signol. Based on the world’s first Randomised Field Experiment in aviation, Signol changes human behaviour by feeding back the right information to the right person through the right frame.
- Web and mobile design.
- Collaborate with a team of behavioural scientists to translate our work into digital and multi-dimensional narratives that influence people’s behaviours and affect policy.
- Take part in insightful research processes, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Identify creative ways for our work to relate and resonate with different demographics.
- Define, oversee, and execute on project/product delivery.
Some examples of what you could be working on:
- Website redesign for the company’s main site.
- The interface of a tool for local authorities to identify people that are at risk of e.g. fuel poverty and homelessness.
- A mobile app that uses nudges and incentives to improve people’s transportation choices.
- A web and IOS app designed to change the behaviour of airline captains to improve fuel efficiency.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Web, UI or Interaction Design.
- Experience in web design and mobile applications (proficiency in HTML/CSS)
- Strong visual background and design fundamentals.
- Experience in working with developers.
- Strong ability to create prototypes/wireframes of different levels of fidelity to help determine design direction for a project.
- Successfully communicate ideas and designs to designers and non-designers alike.
- Comfortable with polishing outputs and mobile layouts.
Good to Have:
- Background in behavioural economics/science, public policy, or a related Design experience in the public sector
- Examples of websites created in WordPress
To apply, please send an email. Include your CV, portfolio (PDF or Web), and remember to tell us why you are right for this job!