UX Designer The Body shopLondon, England, GB
Your role in a nutshell
We are looking for a talented UX Designer to join our Customer Digital Product team to improve the usability and consistency of our digital products globally. This role will report into the Customer Experience Design manager.
We have experiences across the web, mobile web, and native apps that should be one, cohesive product ecosystem. You should be experienced across all platforms and have an interest in tools and information hierarchy.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UX skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces with a portfolio to support.
More about the role
Key Job Accountabilities
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideasInfluence user research and evaluate user feedback to enhance the website
- Establish and promote UX design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Review and propose ways to simplify existing complex screens
- Support with usability testing to improve conversion rate
- Be the voice of the customer and influence the business to take customer needs into consideration
- Actively engage with the business and products through customer insight and UX trends.
- Continually improve business working processes, looking for SMART ways to reduce both overall costs and efficiencies within the role.
Desired Skills and Experience
What we look for
- Experience working on the full life-cycle of a Product from initial research all the way through to final UI design with evidence and/or case studies to support this via storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Solid experience as a UX Designer working with either in-house or agency side teams within a global brand, preferably within a retail environment.
- Confident using insights (quant or qual) to discover and define requirements, whilst use usability testing to validate final design. Experience with tools such as ContentSquare, GA, Usabilla and remote testing platforms to support the process.
- Experience working in collaboration with Product Owners, Digital Designers and Developers in agile environments, using testing methods to validate your work and surface the voice of the customer.
- Expert skills with the latest Adobe product suite and rapid prototyping tools (Axure, balsmiq and InVision ect.)
- Strong working knowledge of and passion for interaction and user-centred experience design, including comprehensive awareness of platforms and technologies
- Must be detail-oriented, deadline driven, and able to multi-task with solid time management.Resourceful and proactive with solid problem solving skills and a talent for recommending viable solutions.
- Proven UX experience including experience designing for mobile and responsive web sites.Demonstrable UX design skills with a strong portfolio.