UX Designer UN Office for Disaster Risk ReductionBangkok, TH
This is an unpaid internship, 2-6 months in duration.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final
academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
If your education background is related to User Experience or Information Architecture, duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in conducting design pattern inventory and assisting in standardizing patterns across web properties
- Assist in championing web accessibility standards across web properties
- Assist in conducting user research (which may include, but is not limited to, focus groups, interviews, and usability testing) to understand user needs
- Translate user research insights into website design requirements and communicating these insights to the Tech & Design team and relevant product owner(s)
- Design information architecture for website - including drafting information flows and designing lo-fidelity wireframes that clearly illustrate site structure and information flows
- Assist in producing design specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios
- Work closely with technical team to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Communicate with developers, including providing input on any needed digital enhancements and advocating for users
- Conduct layout adjustments and troubleshooting based on user feedback