UX Designer VizzualityMadrid, ES
We’re looking for a talented and innovative UX/UI Designer whose creations are motivated by a desire to make a positive difference to society and the environment. They have the opportunity to join a like-minded team who help people change the world with ground-breaking data design.
Vizzuality is a world-leading data design agency based in Madrid, Cambridge, Porto and Washington, DC. Our talented team of designers, engineers and scientists work together to end malaria, stop deforestation and tackle climate change. We do this by designing and developing data-driven tools and applications for international organizations who focus on conservation, development, open data, and transparency. With our help, they’re able to share their stories with people more effectively and compel behavior changes that lead to a better world for everybody.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about using their creativity and skills to create momentum that leads to social change. In return, we offer opportunities to work on interesting and innovative projects. We also offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours, and many opportunities to learn and grow with a supportive and diverse team of specialists.
This job will be based at our Headquarters in Madrid.
Typical daily tasks include:
- Developing user flows, interaction models, and personas.
- Solving complex problems involving screen layout and interface design.
- Understanding and helping to define functional requirements, specifications, and wireframes.
- Assisting with the creation of high fidelity mockups.
- Creating design specifications that outline all aspects of the user journey.
- Creating visual systems and guidelines to communicate design specifications (like illustration style, color palettes, and typography) based on interactivity requirements.
- Communicating design specifications to the team on a day-to-day basis.
- Analyzing data with an eye for translating it into visualizations.
- Collaborating with developers, designers, scientists, researchers and project managers whilst advocating for the best user experience as well as the proper integration of design guidelines.
Some of the skills we would value are:
- 4 - 6 years of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Invisionapp, and CSS.
- An ability to listen keenly and communicate clearly with human beings.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) is required.
- A desire to learn and improve while working with experts in the field.