UX Designer YouMapNew York City, New York, US
Lead Holistic Designer
Contract to Hire
Part Time - Full Time
Remote, Eventually Relocate to New York
Are you a UX expert? Yes? Great... keep reading.
Do you have a sharp eye for amazing UX designs, while creating your own unique products?
Do you have experience designing mobile software apps?
Do you have a top down perspective?
Do you have experience working at other digital agencies?
The Intersection of art and design is where great stuff is made. We're looking for someone who loves PMS’s, typography, and motion to design and prototype their brilliant designs for our iOS application. In turn, you have the opportunity to drive and evolve the YouMap brand.
You will lead the growth and success of our Design System. Your responsibilities will include the design of new features, improving our existing tool, and its driving new workflows. You’ll pour hours upon hours into motion prototyping and animation using Adobe After effects, or some other fancy animation tool.
We don't believe that User Experience and application design are independent. We need a designer who strives to create high fidelity designs and constantly achieves higher quality work with each iteration.
If you don't have a great portfolio, tell us why you still think you’d be great for the job. Many designers want to break of their current mold and launch into something greater. These designers bring fresh perspectives that are invaluable.
- Bachelor's degree in something, or equivalent professional experience (4 years) in our industry, OR you’ve gotta be a freaking design prodigy.
- Experience with Photoshop or Sketch.
- A great portfolio demonstrating high visual fidelity.
- A desire to push your own limits.
- Experience leading a development team shipping highly interactive applications to the app store.
- Great animation and prototyping skills.
- Emoji Illustration skills.
- Experience with HTML/CSS or programming experience. (your primary role is design, but we won’t complain if you expand your skillset... Hint hint.)
- Lead the YouMap design team.
- Collaborate with our engineers to develop our own Design System.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Discover new UX workflows that are even better than what we've got.
- Prototype your designs in Craft, Invision, HTML, or in Swift.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Be Productive.
- Be Polite.
How to apply
Email a cover letter and a resume to contact(at)youmap.com.