Web Designer FinalsiteGlastonbury, Connecticut, US
We set the standard for a sophisticated web-based software company serving independent and international schools, districts, and colleges around the world. We have successfully built a client base of more than 2,200 schools and educational organizations worldwide, and we’re proud of our outstanding customer retention rate.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference and have fun working with a team of talented, dedicated, and conscientious professionals, come join us!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Senior Web Designer at Finalsite creates beautiful, intelligent, effective designs for our clients, in close collaboration with project managers and front-end developers. You understand and work well within clearly defined project constraints, including client goals, accessibility guidelines, branding requirements, and technical considerations. You take communication, budgets, and timelines very seriously. You see design as a system of communication that is constantly evolving. If you are a passionate, talented, experienced designer ready to jump in, we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Design responsive sites for use in Finalsite’s CMS
- Create a mixture of unique, specific pages and comprehensive visual systems for each client
- Take creative control of projects, serving as the key point of contact for project design direction and decisions
- Create new design solutions and work within existing structures
- Consult with clients to provide direction and leadership, communicating persuasively and welcoming them into our design process
- Interact closely with various team members (internal, freelance, and outside agencies)
- Exercise judgment in determining both the strategic and tactical approaches for project-specific design initiatives
What we’d love to see:
- Extensive, professional web design experience
- An excellent portfolio of digital work
- Outstanding client relations skills
- Experience with our suite of tools: Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite (experience with motion design tools a plus!)
- A sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Flexibility, commitment to the team, a positive attitude, and enthusiasm for developing and inspiring others by providing guidance and sharing knowledge
- Knowledge of front-end web development
- Experience working with schools
- Project management experience
Interested? Apply now with your resume and cover letter. Include a link to your portfolio and/or URLs of relevant work samples in your cover letter. Applications without a portfolio/work samples will not be considered (we need to see your amazing designs for ourselves).