Web Designer KikoNew York City, New York, US
The web / graphic designer will have overall responsibility for working on a variety of projects primarily involved in web site design and development and creation of custom graphics for social media and other display sites. The position is responsible for designing the user interface and overall customer experience for our websites and applications. This includes overall navigation flow, layout of specific pages, and creation of individual graphic elements.
Primary job responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide design maintenance of website and other electronic publications and applications (Amazon / Social Media).
- Deal with preparation of illustrative materials for digital advertising.
- Ensure that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design.
- Work with ecommerce staff on style and approach for all projects.
- Provide design elements, comps, templates and finished solutions. Participate in efforts to improve quality of websites and other electronic publications as required.
- Design, develop, produce A/B/M testing assets and creativity.
- Create graphics (JPEG & GIFS) for Google display ads, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
- All other duties as required.
Skills, experience and other requirements:
- 1-2 years of experience in web-based graphic design or web interface design
- B.A. or B.S. in graphic design, art or related field or equivalent academic and work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS2 and Photoshop
- Experience with Java Script, UX best practice, Hybris by SAP and Magnolia CMS are highly desirable
Core competencies and traits:
- Confidentiality and Ethics: Must be able to handle sensitive employee, pay, and performance issues while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Cooperation: Works well with other people and is a good listener. Takes time to help co-workers and resolve conflicts when required.
- Organizational: Must be able to develop a system that will enable you to retrieve data and information quickly.
- Adaptability & flexibility: Able to perform a wide variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice.