Web Designer Proper ClothNew York City, New York, US
About Proper Cloth:
Proper Cloth is a fast-growing New York based start-up, changing the way men buy clothes online. Custom fit, made to order dress shirts are our specialty and we're committed to being the best at what we do. With a combination of web-technology, statistical size algorithms and a completely rethought supply chain, we're solving the fit problem and making shopping online easy. And we're creating a menswear lifestyle brand that stands for quality, service, timeless design and perfect fit.
Proper Cloth has been featured in Esquire Magazine, Men's Health, Men's Journal, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company and many others. We've been called GQ's "Favorite Online Custom Shirtmaker". We have thousands of existing clients, with the potential to scale to millions.
Ensuring a carefully crafted and consistent brand experience across all customer touch points is very important to us. We’re constantly reconsidering every aspect of the customer experience, from their first impression on our website, to the product announcement emails they receive, to the packaging of the product they purchase. Our aesthetic is refined, elevated and minimalist.
But we believe that great design is about more than typography, color tones and spacing. To produce great work, one must thoroughly understand the information being presented and the audience being presented to. We always try to get to the heart of “what are we really trying to say?” and “what’s the best way to say this?”. We’re always working to remove, reduce and clarify.
With all that in mind - we’re looking for a mid-level designer to join our team to help design web landing pages, emails, printed advertising, packaging and to help push our brand forward. You’ll work directly with our small, tight-knit marketing team.
- You have at least 2 years experience as a graphic designer for web or print and have worked for a brand or agency that has a similar style to ours.
- You can communicate your ideas clearly, and can quickly execute ideas.
- You have a good grasp of modern design tools.
- You are familiar with, or proficient in, HTML coding standards or coding responsive HTML emails.
- You have a refined aesthetic and can design to specific branding needs with considerations to usability, simplicity, and consistency.
- You have a positive, optimistic, can-do attitude and are committed to becoming the absolute best designer you can be.
- You are honest and humble and can give and take critique productively.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Bonus points if you have skills in illustration or coding.
What we need you to do:
- Develop concepts for email designs, prepare drafts, gather feedback and export final designs
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from customer learnings.
- Design concepts for landing and product pages, mockup drafts for internal review and work with developers to implement and test these pages.
- Design concepts for printed brand collateral, mockup drafts for internal review and support production of printed materials.
- Maintain design systems and libraries to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
Note: This position has flexibility to be Full Time, Part Time, or by Contract.