Web Designer Trunk ClubChicago, Illinois, US
About the Company
Trunk Club (trunkclub.com) was started to solve a simple problem – shopping for clothes in stores or online just doesn’t work for most people. It’s overwhelming, inconvenient, and takes way too much time. With Trunk Club, men and women discover awesome clothes that are perfect for them without ever having to go shopping. We combine top brands, expert service, and unparalleled convenience to deliver a highly personalized experience that helps people look their best and saves them time.
We start by scouring the planet for the very best in men’s and women’s apparel, curating an ever-evolving assortment of pieces from our favorite designers. With the best inventory anywhere as our point of departure, an expert on our team hand-selects a trunk of items based on each customer’s needs and tastes. They keep what they love and send the rest right back to us. In addition to this, we offer a custom clothing program in which clients can create outfits from scratch. Since the garments are custom-made to members specifications, you can design exactly what you want, as opposed to settling for something you almost love.
Our team is based in Chicago, Washington, DC, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Charleston, & Boston. We have grown from four to over 1,000 since starting out in December 2009. We're actively looking to find amazing people to join our team. Are you interested?
About the role
We are looking for a passionate UX/UI Web Designer to add to our tight-knit team. This person will manage all phases of the website design process to provide a seamless user experience that delivers against customer needs and business goals.
- Design original web layouts - take projects from concept to completion while working within the parameters of the brand style guide
- Continually iterate, improve and maintain the company's website in order to inform and influence prospective and current customers
- Communicate directly with clients to gather information, present deliverables, explain functionality and defend designs
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Design original email templates for our lead and member email series in addition to ad hoc requests
- Support team with other ad hoc web projects
- A portfolio that demonstrates examples of thoughtful and well-executed design, including the HTML & CSS that brings your design to life
- 5-7 years of web/interface design experience
- Solid experience in creating wireframes and storyboards
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Excellent understanding of conversion design, interactive design, information architecture, usability and responsive web design principles
- Sense of humor and egoless ownership of projects
- A passion for UI/UX and streamlined ecommerce websites
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred