Web Developer CGIRome, Frascati, Latium, IT
Be part of something dynamic! With 40 years in the Space industry, our business is growing with exciting projects and prospects across the Earth Observation, Satellite Navigation, Satcoms and Spacecraft Operations domains.
We are currently looking to expand our Space team in Italy and as such we require a Web Developer to implement geospatial applications for Earth Observation projects, generally involving the utilisation of satellite data
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Web Developer, you will undertake development activities in TDD, BDD, Scrum and other Agile practices.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for coding, testing and maintaining software systems, while mentoring and building the development capabilities of the agile teams.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- At least 3 years of experience in implementing web applications using industry standards.
- Intuitive UX design - ideally in a Geospatial environment
- Web API services (REST)
- Experience in Web Services using SOAP, Restful, WSDL, HTML, XML, JAXB, XSD, SAX and DOM parsers.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Mapping libraries, OpenLayer/Leaflet/D3.js
- Excellent mastering of English language
The following requisites / capabilities constitute an advantage:
- Drupal or other CMS solution
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Grunt)
- PHP programming
- Testing framework (KARMA, Jasmine, Protractor, Jest, Selenium)
- Experience of Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Website Services (WMS, WMTS, WFS, WCS, WPS);
- Open API
- Experience with modern software engineering practices (Continuous Integration, Specification by Example, Behaviour / Test Driven Development – BDD, TDD) and the respective tools is advantage
- Examples of previously created portals would be beneficial.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.