Web Developer JumiaCairo, EG
Front End Developer
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Be part of an agile team that develops smart logistics solutions on a service-oriented architecture using state-of-the-art technologies
In particular, you will:
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Backend developers, DevOps, QA engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Work across the entire product life cycle: concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, support
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Write and test interactive, clean, secure and efficient solutions;
- Help maintain a high-level quality code by reviewing your teammates' code;
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes.
- Keen to learn new technologies and have ideas about how we can make things better;
- Being passionate, self-driven and working with little supervision towards a common team or company purpose;
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- A professional with 2+ years of frontend web experience;
- Proficient with at least one widely adopted single page application (SPA) architecture;
- Know module bundlers and task runners such as Webpack, Parcel, Rollup, Browserify, Grunt or Gulp;
- Semantic documents using HTML;
- Developing great user interfaces;
- Creating a testable code and make testing a priority;
- Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban;
- Passionate for coaching other engineers and building a strong team culture;
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures