Web Developer Made by ManyLondon, England, GB
Made by Many is a new kind of consulting company. Experts of varied backgrounds, in technology, product design and business strategy, we’ve come together to help ambitious businesses differentiate and compete to become digital businesses.
We’ve proven our quality in the market over the last 11 years: 77 clients, 102 strategy projects, 76 products launched into the market in 14 countries. But it’s not all about the product; it’s about putting our clients into a stronger long-term position, to be able to compete more effectively. For every client, that’s a different problem. With every client we find a different solution.
We believe that, in a world of continuous change, the right strategy evolves through an early, educated assessment, followed by our process of making, testing and learning.
Internship Program 2019
Every year, Made by Many opens its doors and invites curious and enthusiastic talent from the worlds of design, technology and product management to spend their summer with us, to learn more about the exciting world of digital product design and innovation. Working together as a team of three on a ‘live’ brief, interns are supported by Made by Many mentors and coaches as they develop the skills to ‘make, test and learn’ – just like we do.
We are looking for a developer to join our twelve week program to experience what digital product innovation really looks and feels like. If you’re excited by making products that matter and would relish the chance to make, test and learn with us, read on!
The Developer Internship: Why Apply?
Digital Development is about believing you can use digital innovation to make a positive impact on people’s lives. As a developer, you are technically curious about the way digital products work and have an interest in learning how to craft new experiences that respond to genuine needs. You believe that people come first, technology second.
At a glance you should:
- be deeply enthusiastic about web technology
- have enough experience to be comfortable building a working product (with some support and guidance from our developers)
- feel at home in an open, collaborative environment and working within a close-knit team
- feel comfortable conducting user research and working iteratively
- have strong communication skills
It would also be a bonus if you have some experience with the following:
- implementing mobile-first, responsive designs
- mobile development in iOS/Android
What will you do?
You’ll team up with the other two other interns – a product designer and a product manager – to design and develop a new digital product. Throughout the process, you’ll:
- get to work on a ‘live brief’ and develop meaningful solutions to real problems
- gain practical experience using some of the development tools and methods we use every day
- develop research and rapid prototyping skills
- develop the soft skills needed for you to become a digital pioneer
- walk away with sterling work to boost your portfolio
What will you gain?
We believe that successful digital developers need to be future-proofed. This means that they need to have the mindsets, skills and behaviours that allow them to adapt in an ever-changing world of work – to see opportunities where others might see barriers. The Made by Many Internship 2019 offers its interns the chance to develop not only the technical capabilities necessary to create memorable and meaningful work, but also the confidence and self-belief to thrive in the world of digital product innovation.
To see what this looks like, check out Madeleine’s blog post from the 2017 internship, and take a look at Hackaball, a connected device conceived through one of our first internships.
What you need to know…
- The internship runs for 10 weeks (July-September)
- This is a paid, full-time position (40 hours/week)
- We require that you work at our canal-side studio in Angel, Islington
- We will give you a computer to use if you don’t have one
- We currently only accept people who are eligible to work in the EU
- The recruitment loop for the developer role:
- Submit an application along with your CV
- Complete a take-home coding challenge
- Face-to-face or Skype interview to talk through your approach to the coding challenge and tell us a bit more about yoursel