Web Developer mytaxiBarcelona, Catalonia, ES
[ Frontend Developer ]
mytaxi encourages a strong team spirit and simple company culture. Our teams organise themselves in established agile working environments. People at mytaxi work flexibly and independently. Every single employee is a part of our success story and so, open communication and a fair feedback culture come naturally to us.
We are passionate problem-solvers who listen and understand before we act. By working together – with each other, customers, drivers and cities - we make things better. Besides a lot of fun and potential to make a real difference, you will have the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!
As of now we're looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Frontend Developer. You will be part of a newly founded team of motivated developers in our development hub in Barcelona. In close collaboration with the development teams in our headquarters in Hamburg you will work on our main products.
These will be your responsibilities and challenges:
- Maintenance and expansion of our online platforms
- Development of cross-platform websites for our apps
- Development of management systems for the administration of marketing campaigns
- Preferably using technologies as:
- js, ES6, Babel, Webpack, Redux, Functional JS HTML and SCSS
- Continuous development of features
- Degree in Computer Science or a similar background
- Very good knowledge in React.js, ES6, Babel, Webpack, Redux, Functional JS HTML and CSS
- Familiarity in working with backend systems
- Self-initiative, commitment and teamwork
- Passion for good software
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent proficiency in English
- Experience in an international company or team away from your home country is a plus
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since February 2019, mytaxi is part of the FREE NOW group, the ride-hailing joint venture of BMW and Daimler. Within 2019, mytaxi will rebrand to FREE NOW.
mytaxi today works with 600 employees in 26 offices and is available in around 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is the CEO of mytaxi. More information is available at: www.mytaxi.com
What can we offer you?
- Intensive Fridays
- Gym membership
- Quarterly team-building activities (karting, bowling, laser tag, escape rooms, barbecues/calçotades…)
- Yearly off-site hacking weeks
- Hacking days and occasional trips to our HQ in Hamburg
- Weekly free buffet breakfasts in the office
- Health insurance with basic dental coverage
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off
- A monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides
- The opportunity to use the latest technologies and implement your own ideas
- Flexible learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops, events and conferences
- Free language lessons
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like free fruit, unlimited drinks, after-work beers and many more!
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!