Web Developer Pepper Media Holding GmbHWinnipeg, Manitoba, CA
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips and ideas, connecting members in twelve countries on three continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte/Brazil, Guadalajara/Mexico, London /United Kingdom, Lyon/France, Mumbai/India and Winnipeg/Canada and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), mydealz (Germany) and nine more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced engineer who will join our development team in Winnipeg in a senior role. The ideal candidates will be flexible, enthusiastic, and innovative with a very strong background in web development with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Implement features and fix bugs in our Pepper platform
- Identify and fix performance and maintenance problems
- Ongoing improvement of our backend infrastructure
- Stay current with new web development technologies and best-practices and share them with the team
The qualities we are looking for are:
- At least 3 years working experience as a PHP web developer
- Proponent of progressive enhancement and web standards
- Strong sense for code reuse and maintainability
- Good English language skills
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, postgresql, etc)
- Experience with PHP frameworks (Laravel, Yii, FuelPHP, Symfony 2, Zend 2)
- Experience with Memcache, CouchDB, or Redis
- Knowledge of OO programming and design patterns
- Experience with unit testing and integration tests
Bonus points for:
- TDD (PHPUnit) or BDD (Behat or Codeception)
- AngularJS / Node / SASS / LESS
- Composer / Packagist (double bonus points for having a package on packagist)
- Continuous integration (with Jenkins, TravisCI, etc..)
Some perks of working for Pepper.com are:
- Flexible working hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages
- Monthly transit credit
- Be apart of an awesome team of passionate and skilled developers
- Great office space in the heart of the exchange district
- Regular 'hack days’ to learn new technologies and skills
- We also offer a very competitive compensation package
Are you the person we are looking for?
We're looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter and your CV.