Web Developer VeritudeDurham, North Carolina, US
Veritude is hiring a Front End Web Developer for Fidelity Investments in Durham, NC
You’ll tackle the stickiest problems on the web:
- Piles of data that need to be laid out and explained to international audiences with varying financial backgrounds and life stages.
- Working across multiple back-end systems to enhance financial decision making.
- Joining cutting-edge technologies with more, um… “legacy” systems.?
- Figuring out when to apply a componentized design system, recognizing when a component needs to be modified or created.
Sure, the job is mainly coding, but you’ll make design decisions as part of the team. You’ll work alongside visual designers, researchers, content strategists, and business partners. Oh, and there’s a network of developers here who will work with you and help you grow.
Tools and skills you need:
- SCSS is important too, but we can help you there.
- We use Grunt, but experience with other build tools (eg. Webpack, Make, Gulp) will work.
- You will be working with a team using Sketch so you need to be comfortable with image editing or prototyping software.
- Obviously, you need to follow accessibility guidelines and web technology standards using W3C or WHATWG compliance.
- Getting along with people – it’s a coding position, but you’ll be working with a team.
Brownie points (and brownies for breakfast) if you know:
- Agile Methodology
- Bash, scripting
- Web security and performance techniques
We encourage efforts to participate and give back to the development community. We hope you’ll contribute to open source projects, work with outreach activities, and/or speak at events.