Web Developer Web SummitDublin, Leinster, IE
Web Summit is a global technology conference company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. We run a series of international gatherings across the world. Our flagship event is Web Summit, held in Lisbon, Portugal. In the last seven years, Web Summit has grown from a small team to a company of over 200 focused on disrupting the conference industry through technology and data science. In 2017, over 100,000 startups, investors, speakers and other attendees gathered at Web Summit events, including MoneyConf in Ireland, Collision in the US and RISE in Hong Kong.
About the team
The Web Product Team develops and maintains websites and applications for our ever growing number of vertical sites for brands such as Web Summit, RISE, MoneyConf, Collision and others. Our WebDevs work with Design, Content, Product and Engineering teams, creating world class user experiences, connecting attendees across the globe and testing website concepts on an array of different devices. While they focus on our larger sites, they flex skills and try out new technologies on any number of interactive pieces and side projects.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll provide support for the front-end design and development team.
- You'll manage content across an array of our brand and conference sites including Web Summit, RISE, Collision, etc.
- You’ll be responsible for website design and wireframing, development and maintenance, content editing and publishing.
- You’ll work in a collaborative environment liaising directly with various departments across the business to generate world-class web content.
- You’ll provide support to the digital team with display advertising design and other ad-hoc projects.
Who you are:
- You are highly motivated and passionate about coding and technology in general.
- You are comfortable taking a project from initial specs to completion, dealing with project managers and stakeholders.
- You can gather requirements from specific teams and turn them into technical specs.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment with varied and rapidly changing goals.
- You have experience building custom sites on WordPress or other CMS platforms. You relish the challenge of learning new programming languages and technologies on the job.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience in a commercial Frontend/WebDev role
- The ability to write clean, responsive code without using a framework.
- Demonstrable experience developing websites, applications and CMS.
- Experience with WordPress, specifically custom theming/plugin development.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams.
- ReactJS experience a plus.
- Git/BitBucket or other version control experience.
- Grunt/Gulp experience within complex applications a plus
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.