Art Director Nice and SeriousWhitechapel -Remote friendly, London, England, GB
At Nice and Serious, we believe in making creative work the world needs. We have our feet firmly on the ground and know the world doesn’t need more of the same. It needs us to draw a line in the sand, and back the people fixing things. It needs us to change minds, and make people demand better.
Our team of 20 people is a mix of filmmakers, strategists, art directors, coders, designers, copywriters, animators and client services. Over the last 10 years we’ve had the pleasure of working with some of the most innovative, purpose-led brands including Macmillan, Parkrun, innocent, YMCA, Dogs Trust, Unilever, Ben & Jerry’s, The Co-op and WWF. We’ve recently achieved B-Corp Certification and you can find out more about what that means here. We’re currently working remotely full-time with the aim to balance this out with flexible co-working space hubs over the coming months.
Who we’re looking for
We’re on the hunt for an Art Director to team up with our Creative Copywriter. In this role, you’ll work across our entire client portfolio on campaign, branding and content projects. If this sounds seriously nice, then please read on…
The Art Director will work collaboratively with our existing Creative Copywriter. For some briefs they may be required to work independently.
- Coming up with creative ideas for good causes
- Conceptualising, planning and designing outstanding work for our clients across different departments
- Thinking strategically about the stuff we make
- Presenting and selling creative ideas to our clients
- Explaining and championing creative decisions to our clients
- Ensuring ideas stay on track throughout the production process
- Problem-solving and coming up with solutions to day-to-day unknowns
- Developing ideas for, and working on, proposals
- Working with our creative director to ensure the highest possible standard of work
- Keeping yourself and the team up to date with new creative trends
The Nice Stuff
We’re all about making Nice and Serious a seriously nice place to be. Here are a few things we do:
- Flexible working hours and policy
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Policy
- Bonus Scheme
- Holiday allowance of 25 days per year (plus three additional days off over the Xmas period)
- Annual Weekend Away (usually in the summer)
- Passion project time through Nice Works, our internal passion project initiative
- Headspace Subscription
- £100 per annum towards eyecare
- Annual personal training budget
The Serious Stuff
Nice and Serious is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We’re also proactively committed to protecting the mental, as well as physical, health, safety and well-being and that of all those who work for us.
Please send your portfolio, CV and a few words about why you think you’d be great for job to the email.