Creative Director Moment FactoryMontréal, Quebec, CA
We come from many different places, but what unites us is our passion. At Moment Factory, each new project is a blank page awaiting the creativity and talent of our whole team, no matter the individual responsibilities, roles, or fields. Our desire to innovate, to take risks, and to learn from our mistakes and from each other is what allows us to create collective projects that go above and beyond. Today, thanks to a team of 350 creative minds, we have been able to create immersive multimedia environments for artists, museums, airports, brands, theme parks and events, as well as our signature shows. No matter the canvas – be it film, lighting, multimedia architecture, sound design, special effects, or interactive projects – the thirst for experimentation and innovation is at the core of our DNA.
As Creative Director, you will take part in developing the creative vision of Moment Factory. Working closely with the Producer, you will initiate and contribute to all projects assigned to you, being in charge of their design, production, artistic direction, delivery and integration. You will work with the client and ensure maximal quality of the project’s creation and of their goals/objectives.
The Cities team works closely with owners, architects and urban planners to transform places into immersive multimedia experiences and create iconic destinations that will attract new visitors and improve their experience of place while generating media attention and economic benefits.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop, understand and answer to the needs of the client and the public;
- Develop and maintain project’s guidelines, their objectives and priorities;
- Be a part of developing concepts jointly with the creative teams;
- Support, guide and be part of the professional growth and success of the Producer;
- Direct the decision-making process and ensure that all decisions made are in line with the Moment Factory method, its creative vision, its branding and processes;
- Understand the mid and long-term strategic business objectives of the company in order to execute the decision-making process accordingly;
- Be a part of the information flow within various departments, in regards to the project;
- Ensure quality control within various departments, in regards to the project;
- Ensure that budget and timeline of projects are respected, closely with the Producer and Multimedia Director;
- Find solutions to all unexpected issues faced with during the creative process, production and delivery, along with other members of the creative team;
- Be part of the meeting with the creative team during concepts development, design as well as on site integration (or any other location indicated by the Producer), in line with the established timeline;
- Inspire the creative team and act as a mentor to them;
- Encourage and guide business research and development;
- Be a part of the hiring process.
- Possess a solid understanding of the technology and visual content production processes
- used in multimedia environments and demonstrate this understanding in creative
- decisions and team communications;
- Effectively communicate creative ideas through presentations and ongoing creative
- development, both internally to project teams and externally to clients and stakeholders.
- Over 10 years of experience as Creative Director, including a combination of positions such as Artistic Director in the multimedia field, visual effects, dance, theatre, circus or any other relevant field of expertise;
- Experience in casting and as a coach to artists;
- Understanding of design, 3D design and/or a video editing software, an asset;
- Demonstrated abilities in digital tools such as the Adobe Suite;
- Awareness of the operational and technical complexity of multimedia playback systems;
- Knowledge of multimedia technology;
- Knowledge of architecture, a great asset;
- Proven abilities to simultaneously manage many projects, work under pressure and be part of a team.
- Skills in human and creative resources management;
- Ability to make decisions, delegate and negotiate;
- Inspiring and inspired creative vision;
- Strong pitch and writing capabilities;
- Curious and constantly looking for ideas within the most recent currents of the cultural and entertainment industries;
- Ability to develop good relationships;
- Ability to motivate and manage a wide variety of creative resources;
- Self-sufficiency, team spirit and reliability.
Specific working conditions
- Flexibility in work schedules;
- Frequent travelling required to the United-States and abroad.
At Moment Factory, we work hard because we believe in the potential of bringing people together to experience emotions, create connections and form powerful memories. To design these memorable moments, we favour the collaborative work of multidisciplinary talents, all united by the same passion. It is the meeting of minds and talent that creates sparks. That's why we're looking for inspired and inspiring people who are always eager to learn, share, and reinvent themselves.
If you think this position is for you, we invite you to apply now. We will not be able to follow up with each candidate, so we will only contact the selected individuals. Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We are looking forward to meeting you!