Designer CloudTrucksSan Francisco, California, US
CloudTrucks is a virtual trucking carrier in the multi-billion dollar trucking space. This traditional industry is highly fragmented with huge opportunities for products, services and automation. We strive to deliver solutions that help truck drivers to operate with much greater efficiency, increase their revenue, and offload business complexities.
A bit about our team. Our CEO recently led Scotty Labs, an autonomous trucking startup, to an acquisition by DoorDash. We have a talented team of alumni from Microsoft, Uber, Opendoor, and Intercom, with a great fit for the problem space we are tackling.
We are looking for diversely exceptional people to join us on our journey as we massively scale into an industry defining business.
Design at CloudTrucks
We are passionate about delivering the very best experience for our customers. We believe that design is essential for the success of all business functions. As a core member of the team, you will work on design challenges that greatly impact the day to day lives of our customers, as well as internal tools that enhance the productivity of our driver support team.
- Take on complex problems and come up with intuitive, functional, and simple design solutions.
- Think holistically and create a cohesive experience across the entire user journey.
- Bring a user-centered mentality to every challenge.
- Work with design systems to maintain design consistency, also contribute to improve and expand it.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to define problems and conceptualize product features.
- Collaborate with other designers, brainstorming and giving each other constructive feedback.
- Work closely with engineers to assess technical limitations and development timeline, and find a solution to ensure high-quality and efficient implementation.
- Own your project end-to-end as you drive the design vision.
- Manage user research process to understand our users' point of view and be an internal advocate.
- As an early member of the design team, help to establish the company design culture and best practice.
- 5+ years of product design experience
- A command of visual and communication design principles
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Firm understanding of design systems
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Fluency with Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Experience in marketing communication design is a big plus