Designer KaiaMunich, Bavaria, DE
Kaia is a mission-focused health technology company.
Our story began in 2016, when our founders, Konstantin Mehl and Manuel Thurner, created a mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions of people with chronic conditions. No strangers to chronic pain themselves, they decided to innovate ways to remove the obstacles many people experience in getting the leading-edge care they need.
How do Kaia apps work? Kaia uses a dynamic AI-powered algorithm. Our programs are based on multimodal rehabilitation, a holistic approach to managing chronic conditions. Our users have easy access via smartphone and tablet to our programs for back/hip/knee pain and COPD using this evidence-based approach.
Five years into our story, we are a leader in digital therapeutics, with 500,000+ users worldwide. Having raised $125 million from investors like Optum Ventures, idInvest, and Balderton Capital, to name a selected few, we are poised to create a global footprint in digital self-care. Kaia is patient empowerment made easy.
The regulatory landscape is quickly adapting to the digital ecosystem. Therefore, our mission and strategy bring new opportunities for determined talent to join our journey. With over 100 “Kaianeers” spread across the US and Europe, we now need more specialized talent to help take our mission further.
We are looking for a driven, experienced product quality architect who is excited about our mission and wants to help us build a user-friendly application that improves the health of thousands of people around the world.
The Product Designer role
As a Designer at Kaia, your main responsibility is to drive the product design process through its different iterative stages. Thereby, you work in close collaboration with our product teams, product managers and stakeholders to thoroughly understand the underlying problem, opportunity and solution spaces and to inform your design work respectively. You will work directly on Kaia’s design direction for mobile and web, guide the product teams towards effective and stimulating product solutions, and level up our processes in an environment that values and understands good UX research and design. In this particular role you will be working in a team with a dedicated mission to tackle a new market, which requires foundational research/discovery work as well as strategic product design and conceptualization skills. This position reports directly to the head of user experience.
In summary, you will:
- Shape the product strategy together with our product managers and drive its implementation in collaboration with our cross-functional product teams.
- Drive the iterative design process of product features from end-to-end, incl. user research, design thinking, ideation, sketching, low- & high fidelity prototyping, user testing, and final UI/visual design.
- Communicate complex insights and results of foundational discovery / user research in easy comprehensible terms to non-UX trained company stakeholders in the appropriate form and language
- Inform, mediate and facilitate collaborative decision making in regards to product strategy and trade-offs.
- Make human-centered design decisions informed by qualitative and quantitative insights, business strategy, brand positioning, and user/stakeholder research.
- Generate insights by conducting generative user research which fuel ideation for new feature development and synthesize findings to enhance our company-wide user knowledge base.
- Bring consistency of visual language to all our platforms and products while considering the specificity of the environment.
- Research and observe the impact of your work in the real world, and use that input to constantly improve our products.
- Help to establish a user-centered design culture within the company.
- You have strong experience working along iterative design processes in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy collaborating and working in a cross-functional, multidisciplinary team.
- You know how to effectively collaborate with UX researchers to transform user insights into product features/concepts that facilitate delightful user experiences.
- You are able to take effective short-cuts to help the team launch MVPs quickly, and test hypotheses to inform further iterations.
- You know how to effectively collaborate other design roles (illustrators, content creators, copy writers, etc) towards an all-comprehensive user experience.
- You have an impressive portfolio showcasing both conceptual interaction design work as well as a clear understanding of typography, simplicity and visual design.
- You are skilled in cross-platform design matters (iOS, Android, Web, email).
- You have very good German and English skills, with an ability to articulate in both written and spoken language.
- Fluency in German and English is a must
Ideally you also have:
- Past experience in entrepreneurship, and strategic product design/development from first idea to launch.
- Expert understanding of Figma, or similar design tools (Sketch/Zeplin, etc)
- An understanding of the healthcare industry and being exposed to medical regulations.
- Experience with Health Tech, Motion Tracking and/or AI.
- Additional skills in illustrations, video/audio editing, front-end development, animation, photography or icon design.
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Have worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries
- A goal that allows you to grow with.
- We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imaginedWork with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora)
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Personal development budget of 1200 Euro per year
- Free drinks, team events, knowledge sharing sessions, engineering library
Some of the benefits of being a Kaianeer:
You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
You’ll enjoy flat hierarchies, a hybrid work from home/office environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
We support your professional development and have a budget set aside for you just for that!
Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions galore!
Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.