Other 3angrymenLondon, England, GB
About the Role
3angrymen is an award-winning production company on a mission to make films that matter.
We’re looking for a director to come and work with us in-house, to help us develop and produce films for our clients - whether that’s a short documentary for a national charity, an internal comms film for an international bank or an animation aimed at teenagers.
You will be responding to briefs, coming up with ideas, writing proposals and then working alongside our producers and post-production team to guide films through production to delivery.
Who We're Looking For
As a director with us, you need to be a resourceful filmmaker, focussed storyteller and confident creative writer. You will be comfortable working in different mediums, with different subject matter and different audiences - excited to embrace new challenges with each project you work on, ambitious to make your next film better than the last.
As part of a tightly knit team, you will need to be comfortable stepping outside of your comfort zone and learning new skills, confident in your taste and unafraid to challenge your teammates to go the extra mile. This is an in-house position so you will need to adapt as a filmmaker to fit our company approach and processes, be able to create within time and budgetary restrictions.
We need a creative leader with tireless attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high standards - enthusiastic, considerate, resourceful and resilient at all times.
Essential Skills & Requirements
Successful candidates will:
- be passionate about producing a variety of content
- have a minimum of 3 years relevant directing experience
- be comfortable working with client feedback and constructive criticism
- be able to sell an idea on the page, with experience writing creative proposals and treatments
- be a confident leader and creative contributor
- be up for the challenge of creating the most effective film with limited time and resources
- be extremely well organised, a proactive planner
- have an excellent working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- have excellent written and spoken English
Ideally, the candidate will also:
- have experience creating commercially focused work
- be a keen follower of industry trends and upcoming talent
- be a comfortable and capable camera operator
- have experience working within a production company or creative agency
How to apply
If you like our work and think you can make it even better, are certain that you fit the criteria above and are interested in becoming a Director with 3angrymen, please apply by sending:
- A copy of your CV & a 1 page Cover Letter (including your salary expectations), both in .pdf format
- Vimeo/Youtube links to 3 pieces of work that you have directed
- A Vimeo link to your latest showreel
Please send these tocontact mail and use the subject line ‘Director Application - May 2021’. Applications will not be considered unless these stipulations are adhered to.
Applications will not be considered unless these stipulations are adhered to.
Please note that we are planning to hold in-person interviews as part of this process, at our office in Roman Road, East London.