UX Designer ItaldesignMoncalieri, Piedmont, IT
Italdesign is looking for an experienced and creative UX Specialist to join our team.
Having a passion for great design, you will be responsible for delivering the best user experiences, across our range of projects within automotive and mobility more generally, which makes your role extremely important for our success and ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
You will be designing and prototyping user-centred solutions within our projects, working across the boundaries between pure design and software development.
You will have the freedom to act creatively, but within the constraints of technical feasibility.
We work within the automotive sector and the much broader field of new mobility solutions, where exceptional and holistic overall user experience is fast becoming a greater competitive advantage than more traditional factors.
- Interact with clients to understand their business goals and objectives;
- Deconstruct and analyse different ways the product or service can be used;
- Describe and characterise different kinds of users;
- Plan and implement new designs and optimize existing user interface designs;
- Assess for intuitiveness and experience;
- Constant investigation on new ways of human machine interaction understanding the technical limits of the upcoming technologies;
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements;
- Deliver UX solutions for problems of large scope and technical complexity;
- Create prototypes for new product ideas, ideally this can include some actual coding;
- Test new ideas before implementing them;
- Conduct ongoing user research through workshops, focus groups and interviews.
- 3-4 years of experience as a UX Specialist or Designer within the UX & Design industry, ideally on automotive field, although demonstrable flair and aptitude are more important;
- Available UX/UI design online portfolio;
- Ability to take a holistic view, but without losing sight of the detail;
- Able to work cross-functionally, synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, marketing and others;
- Ability to discuss and explain design options to HMI and engineering teams as well as stakeholders and executive leadership;
- Quickly and iteratively create user scenarios, user flows, wireframes and lo-fi prototypes with detailed visual design specifications for HMI solutions;
- Strong visual design skills to complement the UX skills;
- Proficient user of design and prototype tools such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, Framer, Azure, Principle and the Adobe Creative Suite.
Previous experience in the automotive field;
Familiarity with front-end technologies and building solutions, e.g. with HTML5 & CSS3, Java/JavaFX or Android;
Knowledge of Agile processes and related project management tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.);
Knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Machine Interaction.
Education: Master Degree in Human-computer interaction, Design, Engineering or in relevant field for this sector.
Language skills: Fluent knowledge of written and spoken Italian and English are required. Knowledge of German would be appreciated.
Workplace: Moncalieri (TO) and availability to travel.
Benefit: continuous training (technical, soft and languages skills), company canteen, mobility services, health insurance, car leasing program, car pooling platform, smart working, flexible benefits, good work-life balance
Italdesign is committed to create an inclusive, diverse and safe workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer (L.903/77).