UX Designer MicrosoftPrague, Praha, CZ
Senior UX Design Manager Dynamics 365
Microsoft’s Cloud + AI Design Studios is looking for a Senior UX Design Manager to plan, lead, and help drive the direction for Dynamics 365 Marketing. Are you a product-focused UX leader who’s designed business applications and experiences across the web? This could be the role for you.
The company and team
At Microsoft, we have a clear mission and bold ambitions: Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more through our technology and innovation. To make that a reality, our Dynamics 365 team is crafting solutions that help customers transform their companies—whether they want to empower employees, engage customers, optimize their operations, or change the very nature of their product or business model.
Our vision as a Design Studio:
- Design experiences customers love.
- Work as a unified team.
- Become even better every day.
Cloud + AI Design Studios ships business apps that meet the same usability, performance, and design standards as the very best consumer apps: The Azure cloud platform, Power BI, PowerApps, Flow, Stream, and many more. As designers our goal is to bring humanity and simplicity to every product we design. Dynamics 365 is our newest endeavor.
We're growing, and we'd love for you to be a part of our story! Come join a positive and collaborative team—where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic, whole selves—and work at the forefront of Microsoft’s product portfolio.
You’re a UX designer and design leader who loves to learn, solve challenges, and dream up breakthrough ideas. You’re an enthusiastic advocate for the customer—ready to apply your knowledge to build and iterate on designs to discover what works best to create incredible software products. You're passionate about projects that will change the world for the better.
You’ll work in a focused team collaborating with fellow design leads, content designers, interaction designers, visual and motion designers, qualitative researchers, data scientists, and producers, bringing the team together to solve difficult product and customer problems—fixing what's not quite right and smoothing the customer’s journey through the product. You to find ways to reduce the number of screens, remove the extraneous, drive users to the next screen or next step, and shorten the path to “Wow!”
You're fluent at communicating with product managers and developers as well as influencing your team and studio to simplify, integrate, and co-create successful customer experiences that work together. As a leader, you’re confident in shepherding diverse teams towards common goals and are comfortable advocating your teams’ solutions to help make Dynamics 365 a suite of business apps that customers will love.
You bring these things to the role:
- A unique ability to create UX strategies and solutions from the customer point of view
- Team collaborator who delivers highly usable and compelling customer experiences
- Disciplined user of research data and insights to drive decisions and measure success
- Self-starter who plans and executes work with minimal support
- Understand agile workflow
- Deep understanding of UX’s role in the application development process
- Comfortable with ambiguity, know your strengths (and weaknesses), and have a point of view
- Possess a decisive bias toward action
- Proficient at influencing for impact
- Evangelist of UX among partner teams to raise product quality
- 7+ years of combined product design, enterprise UX, or relevant experience.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- People Management experience preferred
- Passionate curiosity for UX and UI
- Inclusive design is embraced as a challenge, not a limitation
- Bias towards simplification of information architecture
- Understanding and applying customer feedback, research, and telemetry to the design process
- Research and usability testing
- Business acumen
- Collaborative partner
- Effective storytelling
- Familiarity with design tools, such as Figma, Sketch, Illustrator
It is preferrable for this person to join us onsite, working at Microsoft’s campus in Prague, Czech Republic.
Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to apply! Please reach out with links to your LinkedIn profile as well as your portfolio of relevant projects. We can't wait to hear from you, and we're eager to see the wonderful things we'll create together.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.