Web Designer News Corp AustraliaSydney, New South Wales, AU
Please note this is a 6 month contract role.
What’s the role?
- Consult and collaborate with product, delivery and UX teams to understand customer goals
- Create and generate innovative design solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations and key metrics
- Present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Work closely with delivery teams to ensure designs are achievable within timeframes and to performance benchmarks
- Update internal workflow and knowledge systems with project information e.g. JIRA
- Work within and contribute to our overarching design system
- Remain up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
Who are you?
- Ability to meet deadlines and to adapt to change in a fast-moving technology environment
- Demonstrate ability to create strong visual designs that intelligently incorporate audio, video, still images and text also taking into account UI, typography, colour, motion, behaviour and information architecture
- Know how to prototype, create wireframes, storyboards and user flows.
- Complete fluency in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Excellent organization of work and work assets, utilising design delivery tools such as Zeplin
- Experience in designing mobile apps and responsive web solutions
- Excellent verbal / written skills, with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts effectively
- Appreciation of front-end development techniques and a working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Ability to operate quickly and calmly within a large, complex, high pressure, dynamic environment, while setting and maintaining key priorities
- Desire to constantly push skill set and apply cutting-edge techniques when appropriate
- Meticulous attention to detail
Who are we?
We are news. We are sport. We are lifestyle. We are News Corp Australia.
The nation’s most influential media organisation, News Corp Australia reaches an unduplicated audience of 16 million Australians every month. As well as our famous news and sports brands, we lead the way in fashion, food, health, real estate and parenting. We operate over 150 household name brands across print, digital and multimedia and have the largest online news audience in the country, with a bigger digital footprint than Facebook.
What’s in it for you?
This role is based in our lively Surry Hills office in Sydney. Benefits include:
- Fun, fast-paced working environment
- On-site gym
- Excellent opportunities for growth and development
- Collaborative team
- Flexible work arrangements
To apply or find out more about careers with us, see newscorpaustralia.com/careers.