Web Developer HovercraftPortland, Oregon, US
Our team is looking for the best and brightest to join us.
Hovercraft is looking for an experienced front end developer with a passion for user-centered design to drive a mix of project types to the finish line in an upbeat, deadline-driven environment. You will work closely with our design team to bring a collective vision to life.
You will collaborate with an in-house team of highly skilled developers and designers to share knowledge and ideas, solve problems, and ultimately make the solutions look effortless and beautiful. You must be proactive, self-motivated, and always eager to try out the latest in technology and push it in new directions. Attention to detail is critical. Forward thinking solutions is a must.
- Strong experience in React, Vue, or other modern frameworks
- WebGL, PIXI.js and/or THREE.js
- Ability to work with multimedia files and optimize for delivery to end users
- Responsive cross-platform development
- Figma, Sketch, XD
- Experience working in an agile/SCRUM mode
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- Baseline understanding of CRM and digital marketing tools
- Solid understanding of the web environment
- Baseline understanding of backend languages PHP/MySQL/Node.js
Nice To Have
- Motion design knowledge and experience in After Effects or a 3D package such as Blender or Cinema4D
- Experience in creative/generative coding (Processing/Java, openframeworks, AR/XR)
- Experience with physical computing concepts & tools (TouchDesigner, depth cameras, programmable lighting)
- Experience with DIY electronics & hardware integration (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc)
- Experience with video game engines & technology (Unity, Unreal Engine)
Please include your resume and portfolio site when applying.
Benefits + Perks
- Flexible office and remote working
- Relocation packages
- 100% paid medical,vision & dental
- 401k retirement with match
- Flexible Vacation
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Learning + Development stipends
- Hovercraft Hideout annual retreat
Portland, Denver & New York City Employment
Currently operating with a hybrid of remote and in-studio working, at each employees discretion. Relocation packages offered on a case-by-case basis for those interested in joining a specific city team.
Full time, remote employment is an option for all positions, unless specifically noted, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Remote employees will be assigned to a specific office and timezone.
- Occasional travel required for team meetups, projects and retreats.
Equal Opportunity For All
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to upholding our company values, promoting innovation, and delivering the best work. Our success is directly related to the team members that we hire, grow and retain, and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of our clients and their consumers. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply.