Art Director BoomerangAtlanta, Georgia, US
We are the now and the next when it comes to a premium, video subscription service tied to the greatest animation library of all time! Come be a part of one of Turner’s new and most strategically important business initiatives. What more could you want? Check us out at www.boomerang.com to learn more.
What part will you play?
Boomerang is looking for an experienced Art Director to lead the development of an innovative digital product in the kids' entertainment space. As Art Director, you will oversee a team of designers while owning the visual strategy, art direction and design of the product. What will you be doing? As the Art Director, you will:
- Oversee concept, design and execution of visual style and graphic design for an exciting new digital product in the kids' entertainment space
- Be the brand champion for the product; coordinate with marketing and product teams to build and maintain artistic vision of product.
- Develop and present creative executions that demonstrate the core values of the product
- Produce graphic design work and present concepts to senior leadership teams - Lead all design projects from concept to implementation; includes developing graphic designs and iconography that incorporates and represents product features and UI/UX for a younger audience.
- Lead a team of graphic designers and UX designers to ensure brand and visual consistency across all design touch points of product
- Product detailed graphic design assets for implementation.
- Hire, train and develop graphic design staff
- Keep team engaged and informed on emerging design trends and tools in digital media space
- Collaborate with counterparts in Turner creative services team to ensure brand guidelines and core brand attributes are consistent across offline, linear and digital channels.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to provide visual direction, brand guidance, creative input and leadership in art direction; work with engineering and product teams to resolve UX or design inconsistencies.
- Participate in development of new ideas and create concept art and storyboard to bring products and features to production.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor degree in graphic design or art or similar experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in digital art direction at top tier media company or advertising agency
- Combination of in-house consumer brand and creative agency experience a plus.
- Proven depth of design experience represented by portfolio presentation; include URLs or samples that represent work.
- Experience designing for digital platforms, variety of screens (web, mobile, etc…)
- Excellence in typography, iconography, imagery, composition and color.
- Expert in Adobe CS; proficient in Keynote and Powerpoint
- Proficient in motion-graphics and video editing software (i.e. After Effects, Final Cut or similar)
- Ability to storyboard concepts from beginning to end
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working at a digital-first company; knowledge and interest in cutting-edge digital media space with enthusiasm for new technologies and curiosity to learn and share with customers
- Self-starter who is pro-active, resourceful, willing to be a team player and pitch-in when required
- Ability to work and thrive in fast-paced environment; comfortable working under time constraints and pressure.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team