Art Director CognizantTeaneck, New Jersey, US
DESIGNER/SENIOR ART DIRECTOR – Internal Creative Agency
The Cognizant global in-house creative team concepts, builds and delivers campaign content and creative for the company’s global campaigns. Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses.
The Senior Art Director role will drive day-to-day visual design direction and provide hands-on design based on established creative concepts, working closely with, creative directors, copy directors, copywriters, account managers, project managers, art directors, motion designers and other graphic designers.
Responsibilities include concepting, directing, developing and implementing graphic design for a variety of marcom deliverables, including static and animated digital ads (OA), web pages, social media kits, event kits, emails, animations, interactive, dynamic content optimization (DCO) and other next-gen digital creative. The Principal Designer will also master the global creative handover process so that everything created is to spec for deployment by our regional marketing teams around the world. Duties may also involve working with agencies, production houses, contractors and other outside resources to manage the production process.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Graphic Design
- 10-15 years of graphic design work experience
- Mastery of graphic design principles (typography, form, color, composition, grid)
- Advanced skills in Adobe CC, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent creative concepting/ideation skills, with the ability to move fast
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in digital graphic design
- Understanding of web design best practices (HTML5/CSS3 experience preferred)
- Strong ability to take direction and subsequently give direction in a dynamic environment
- Strong ability to multi-task, work on several competing priorities as part of a fast-paced team
- Strong ability to prioritize and reprioritize throughout the day with great efficiency
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills, with abilitity to articulate visual concepts to executives
- trong ability to engage and collaborate across all levels and teams within the broader org
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency, with an inherent drive for creative excellence
- Strict adherence to Cognizant brand and visual language/identity
- Must send design samples with resume via PDF or link
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.