Art Director KilianParis, Île-de-France, FR
Graphic designer / Artistic Direction
Permanent Contract – January 2019
Kilian is a French luxury house of perfumes and accessories, founded in 2007 by Kilian Hennessy. By Kilian offers an exclusive “wardrobe” of scents that reflect Mr. Hennessy’s deep-rooted legacy of luxury and creativity. By Kilian’s current product offerings include fragrances, candles and other accessories, as well as exclusive collections available in certain regions. All KILIAN’S products are meant to be kept as keepsakes, which is reflective of Kilian’s philosophy that true luxury should last forever.
The ideal candidate will be a person with more than 5 years of experience in a beauty and luxury creative field, and who has a good knowledge of ongoing advertisement trends. This knowledge enables her/him to have a good analysis of the briefs and work on concept and ideas strategically. This person is ideally coming from an advertising agency coping with world’s first-class luxury brands in cosmetics, haute-couture, jewelry/watches…She/he has a solid knowledge of art, culture, fashion and more precisely beauty, fashion and still life photographers.
He/she is comfortable and has solid experience of working on various format of advertising assets such as prints, TV ads, Digital assets, lay-outs… It is also a person who should be well organized and quick in execution, in order to be able to manage several projects at a time, and deliver assets on schedule.
In this role, the Creative insures that the department provides:
- Concepts and storytelling that respects the brief given by Kilian and the marketing
- Mockups for each projects for Kilian to visualize the assets intentions
- Manages assets development with talents (photographer, motion designer, freelancers, graphic designers, art directors…)
- Deliver assigned creative assets on time within the budget
Working on concepts:
- Collaborates with marketing team and other departments on the preparation of project.
- Works on commercial 360° concepts (print, digital, POS, videos…) in a short period of time.
- Ability of providing high quality mockups in short timing.
- Very organized in order to respect schedules and optimize workflow.
- Delivers assigned creative requests to marketing on time (croppings, layouts, brandings, digital assets…).
- Determines the appropriate talents and artistic direction for the development of the assets accordingly to the mockups in collaboration with the art buyer.
- Supports and gives clear artistic directions to talents (photographers, set designers, stylists, cating directors, film makers/editors, retouchers, copywriters…) by providing them guidelines and creative briefs from the beginning to the end of projects.
- Communicates with team members to get organized in order to create an efficient multi task friendly environment.
- Acts as image quality and brand’s chart assurance.
- Initiates and leads all appropriate project based meetings.
- Attend and contribute to weekly Creative Request meeting and Creative Department meeting.
- Work closely with other departments in order to support them in their creative needs.
- Create and update guidelines and style guides for different markets and departments.
- Masters Degree in Art, Creative Direction, Design.
- Interest in and aptitude for producing creative marketing solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years experiences as an artistic director in a creative team in house with a previous experience in agency is preferred.
- Solid experience in digital and social media communication.
- Well versed in executing campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Proven project through solid portfolio with factual examples.
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge.
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects under tight deadlines.
- Excellent Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator user.
- Very good notions of After Effect required.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues at various level.