Art Director OutdoorsyAustin, Texas, US
Are you passionate about communicating ideas and products to potential users in creative and visually compelling ways? Are the ads your favorite part of the Super Bowl? As a marketing designer, you’ll work with the marketing and design team on advertising, promotion, and more. As a Designer on the Marketing team, you will collaborate with engineers, content marketers, performance marketers and other designers to identify strategies and campaigns to grow one of the most recognizable brands in the startup world.
Outdoorsy is world's #1 marketplace for recreational vehicles connecting passionate RV owners with qualified renters and making it easy and safe for them to transact. We’re disrupting the RV market by removing all the friction and complexity from the current user experience. Working on our team means you can count on being challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you’ll be part of something big.
We're also creating a unique design culture where designers and engineers define and ship products together. Teams are small and built on mutual respect, high trust, and low management. At Outdoorsy, designers and engineers take direct product ownership.
Must include links to your portfolio of work when applying.
- Creating paid advertising digital banners, email designs, trade show materials, flyers, presentations, etc.
- Work closely with our CMO, design team and marketing team to produce consistent and on-brand marketing materials.
- Creating necessary design elements such as illustrations, visuals, etc to best represent our brand.
- Understanding of how to design high-conversion landing pages and campaigns, that don’t sacrifice good design.
- Work with Product Designers to ensure external communications work seamlessly with the in product experience.
- Work with Sales and Operations to define, design and deliver sales collateral.
- 2+ years experience working as a designer
- Experience working with Adobe CC and/or Sketch
- Ability to wear many hats, multi-task in a small start-up environment.
- Attention to detail and a self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple, fast-moving processes
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and beautifully branded advertising and marketing work, across various channels including email, web, mobile, and print, that you’re proud to share with us. Include it as a link in your application.
- Strong illustration skills.
- You are comfortable with conceptualizing and assisting the creative direction of digital and offline marketing campaigns from initial market research to frontend implementation.
- You have industry or agency experience for diverse projects and clients and a proven record of improving conversion rates. Experience with A/B testing, especially on marketing sites, is a plus.
- You have a strong understanding of design principles including layout, typography, and color theory.
- You collaborate closely with product managers, teammates, and other designers to ensure campaign and strategic goals are met.
- You have excellent written communication skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in a team