Creative Director Boss AudioOxnard, California, US
Our creative department plays a critically important role in our highly successful Omni-Channel growth and our emerging direct to consumer direction change as well as launching new brands online. By applying a blended mix of brand and digital marketing expertise, strong leadership/communication skill, and technical mastery, the Creative Director will drive the methodology and produces the assets needed to tell our story to a new and existing customer base. The Creative Director will set the benchmark for quality, speed, creativity while empowering the creative team to unlock their abilities to produce great content, and will be a key contributor to shape our brands digital presence and awareness growth.
The successful candidate is highly skilled in graphic design and photo/video production. They will have a proven record of being a brand marketer, a problem solver, a strong communicator, a solid decision-maker, and a storyteller at heart. They will also demonstrate confidence in everything from team-building/mentoring to guiding large groups of creative talent. Nonetheless, they understand the need to move quickly in order to keep pace with the market, while ensuring standards and expectations are fully met through strategic planning, efficient design and production, and communication with other departments.
This position reports to the VP of Marketing and manages a team of graphic designers, videographers, photographers, and external agencies if needed.
A strong working knowledge of the most current Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign, Photoshop, XD and Illustrator is a must. 3D CAD rendering, product design, Premiere, and After Effects is a definite plus.
Responsible for developing and employing strategic content around our brands to ensure the highest quality creative output from the in-house production team pertaining to branded product content, direct-to-consumer site, and marketplace storefront content, marketing channels (email, influencers, social, etc), and various projects that require creative production.
Collaborate with the broader marketing team to build out digital campaigns across all platforms, founded on an understanding of BIG’s brand, as well as competitive and marketplace offerings. Constantly review creative effectiveness, A/B testing results, and lead the team to iterate and improve based on data.
Lead creative projects by pulling in the cross-functional team from the creative, content, sales, and product teams to develop branded content for our growing DTC brand. Manage and supervise the creative team’s department administrative duties and coordinate projects involving outside vendors and contractors.
Support all sales team with any creative needs, deliver sales-related material such as print catalog, presentation, sell-sheets, product training videos, tradeshow graphics.
Establish and maintain a production schedule, ensuring creative production capacity is incorporated into the company’s overall project planning, the marketing calendar, and product launch schedule (packaging & manuals).
Steer and influence end-to-end departments' scheduling, production, and content review processes.
Engage in regular project reviews and be critique to ensure that solutions are of high-quality and align with creative strategies and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience as a Creative Director
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a marketing group environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in eCommerce/digital space either on the brand or agency side.
- Experience with video and motion graphics A strong working knowledge of the most current Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign, Photoshop, XD and Illustrator is a must. 3D CAD rendering, product design, Premiere, and After Effects is a definite plus.
- Good communication skills through presentations, written and verbal input, and good storyboard mapping is required.
- Experience managing people and handling and resolving internal conflicts.
- Extensive experience in eCommerce marketing networks like Amazon and Walmart and promotion channels like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube is a plus.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding and implementation of good image design/layout esthetics.
- Proficient at creating concepts of images needed in order to provide guidance and input for the in-house team and outside vendors and contractors.
- Excellent time management skills and comfortable working under tight deadline restrictions.
- Excellent project management and file management skills.