Creative Director Five & DoneDallas, Texas, US
Five & Done is on the hunt for a Creative Director to help build and lead a product design team in our Dallas office. The ideal candidate is a digital native, obsessed with user-centric design, research, analytics, UX, UI, prototyping, systematic and beautiful visual design. Reporting directly to our California-based Executive Creative Director, this role ensures the product design team is delivering creative solutions rooted in strong research and strategy, while delivering the best possible usability and stunning design. Day to day responsibilities will range from meeting with our clients to understand their needs and requirements to working with our internal team to define, execute, and refine a creative vision. There will be some actual design involved in this role too, mixing Keynote and conference calls with Figma and Sketch.
- Lead all aspects of a product’s life cycle including research, concepts, wireframes, prototypes, UI, documentation, and testing.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire the product design team.
- Consult with project and production management teams on budget, resource allocation, and scheduling of projects.
- Work directly with our clients to identify their needs and requirements, and then translate those into tasks for the product designers.
- Review all aspects of the product designer’s work to ensure quality is maintained.
- Collaborate with the creative team in our California office to ensure our creative approach not only works from a functional standpoint, but also looks beautiful.
- Prepare, design, and lead client presentations.
- Interview product design candidates in order to grow the team.
- You have spent part of your career focused on graphic or visual design, and part of it focused on user experience design
- You have a solid understanding of Sketch, Figma, InVision, Photoshop, JIRA, Confluence and Keynote, and whatever UI design and prototyping tools will be coming out next year.
- You have at least 5 years of experience working within an agency environment and/or on consumer web applications
- You have prior experience in a client-facing role.
- You’re experienced in taking feedback, guiding clients to appropriate solutions, and gathering requirements.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and know how to read a room.
- You’re comfortable running a workshop, know what a journey map is, and are capable of leading product discussions with key stakeholders.
- You like to get your hands dirty and can produce wireframes, user flows, prototypes, designs, and of course presentations.
- You have skill but not ego.
- You have a strong point of view and know-how to professionally communicate it.
- You have a smashing portfolio that demonstrates your understanding of a UCD approach and your stellar problem-solving skills
Five & Done is a design and technology studio with offices in Orange County, CA and Dallas, TX.
We serve our clients in a broad range of capacities – from UX strategy and creative design to enterprise application design and management. We are small by choice and put significant emphasis on the quality of work we deliver to our clients, as well as the experience of working with us.
Together and individually, we’ve all experienced the front lines on large-scale concepts for brands known worldwide.
Together we form a focused group with complimenting skill sets, ideal for sharp, refined, precise work.
Together, we want to create work that we can brag about (paying heed to subtly slip the brags into conversation in natural ways, of course).
Only candidates who are eligible to work in the US without sponsorship will be considered. Five & Done is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is located in Dallas, TX, though some travel to Southern California is expected.