Creative Director frogMunich, Bavaria, DE
Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Associate Creative Director – Industrial Design
The ACD - Industrial Design is both a client partner and an Industrial Design team lead and mentor. You will manage multiple projects through all stages of development: from building relationships and conceptual work to industrialization of hardware and market launch with the responsibility for overall quality, innovation and creative vision.
You will partner with the Creative Director to mentor, guide, and provide support for the Industrial Design team, and be an advocate for the needs of the team to the rest of the studio. On individual projects, the Associate Creative Director role integrates clients’ business requirements into strategies, brand, and aesthetic interests. The Associate Creative Director will also assist in the development of new business and build discipline capabilities.
As the Associate Creative Director, you will champion the idea that, for design to succeed in today’s complex world, we can no longer isolate hardware from software from services – meaningful, impactful design is a holistic endeavor. As such, this position is for someone who is interested in and comfortable with integrating digital user experiences, technologies, and services into our work. As an organization, we are increasingly seeing barriers between the disciplines fall. As the Associate Creative Director for Industrial design you will hasten this process by seeking seamless integration between physical and digital experiences within appropriate projects and for appropriate clients, as well as within the studio with other creative leads.
- Team leadership
- Authoring points-of-view
- Project ideation
- Design direction
- Coordination of overall creative process
- Design advocacy to clients
- Scoping programs & building proposals
- Assisting in business development efforts
- Resource and personnel management
- Client management
- Cross-disciplinary engagement
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies;
- Seasoned (7+ years) with hands-on product design for contemporary consumer and enterprise products
- Possessing relevant consulting experience
- Experienced (2+ years) in managing creative teams and individuals in challenging projects
- Skilled in client negotiation and setting expectations against real-world limitations
- Deep understanding of manufacture and real-world experience of hardware to market (connected products a plus)
- Proactive interest in blending digital technologies with physical products and creating holistic, integrated experiences between the two
- Experience with and understanding of CAD and similar software (e.g. Rhino or Solidworks)
- Exceptionally creative, with a portfolio of beautiful product design work
- Inspiring, open minded, hard-working, collaborative, and passionate
- Business fluent in English; additional language skills in German (near-native) a strong preference
A comprehensive portfolio is an essential piece of any application for a design role at frog. Please ensure that yours is curated and focussed, clearly showcasing your process and role on each project.
Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.