Creative Director JaskAustin, Texas, US
At JASK, innovation in our Web UI is at the core of driving our user experience for customers around the world.
To support our business needs, we are building one of the largest big data infrastructures for cybersecurity in the cloud and need a Creative Director to build the foundational design principles to support this opportunity. This isn't creating tables of information, bar charts and pie graphs with pretty colors. This is creating innovative concepts on the displaying of large diverse sets of data and making it both intuitive and sexy.
As a member of the team, you will help take written and spoken ideas and convert them into something beautiful. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal designer will be able to hit the ground running as soon as we bring them on.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop visual concepts (i.e. sketches, wireframes, user interface concepts, interactive prototypes and designs systems) to feed user research, long-range plans, capabilities, and features that will be executed by development teams
- Work closely with the development teams in setting font, color, and other interface standards that will eventually be used in defining CSS. Ensure consistency and high quality of graphic design, layout, color, typography, and style
- Champion a common design process, maintain UI design standards and a centralized library of design elements
- Encourage a common design process for original work (e.g. research, persona development, user-flows, sketching, wire-framing, final visuals) while stressing collaboration, iteration, and speed
- Keep current in user-centered design principles, web design best practices, accessibility, visual trends and emerging web technologies. Share with others what you learned
- Continually think about ways to transform and enhance our product, taking steps to ensure a balance between standardization, branding, and strategy
What We Value:
- A portfolio of graphical or interactive designs, design systems, websites and/or web applications that can be evaluated as part of the interview process
- Relevant interactive web interface design and graphic arts experience
- Expert-level skills in graphics software (Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Invision, Webflow, etc)